Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Yossi2
Paper Tape
Views: 502
Message 1 of 7

Severe performance problems when Y530 not plugged in

I have purchased my Lenovo Legion Y530 (81FV) rougly a month ago.

In the past week, whenever I'm unplugged from power, two problems arise:

1. The audio starts glitching. Iv'e experienced on spotify and also with notification sounds (like on whatsapp web).

2. The wifi keeps frequently disconnecting.

Iv'e tried changing the battery settings (preferring performance over battery), that didn't help also.

When I reconnect the power adapter, all of these problems just solve themselves.

Please help. This is a brand new laptop and as of now it's extremely annoying to use.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 490
Message 2 of 7

Re: Severe performance problems when Y530 not plugged in

Interesting indeed ...

I've been using it unplug to Youtube but haven't came across this. Are you on 5Ghz or 2.4 Ghz for WLAN? Also I would assume the bars are the same plugged vs non plugged? (I can't tell cause I am always beside the WLAN AP.)

Thanks

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
Yossi2
Paper Tape
Views: 482
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, the bars are the same when plugged and unplugged. At first the bars seem fine although nothing online is responding, and a few seconds later it completely disconnects.

I'm not sure wha frequency my WLAN is, but since it's rather old (5 years, I think) I'm assuming 2.4 GHz.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 476
Message 4 of 7

Let me test this tonight however I haven't came across any random disconnection from my wireless when I am on battery before.

Can you try connecting to your phone via tethering then see if your laptop WIFI disconnect when you are on battery?

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
Yossi2
Paper Tape
Views: 475
Message 5 of 7

Already did that, and annoyingly enough the disconnections keep occuring.

Waiting to see what turns out!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 429
Message 6 of 7

Hi Yossi2,

I tested for 20 min on battery while streaming via NAS. Connection seem fine, never disconnect once ...

Can you try going to the WLAN settings to make sure that the Power management tab "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is uncheck then press ok. Lets see if that helps.

*Non Lenovo employee*

HuhMD
What's DOS?
Views: 117
Message 7 of 7

I also bought the Y530, same issue. When unplugging my laptop the wifi will disconnect in between 1 to 5 minutes. While plugged in there are no issues. This happens at home with my regular modem, 2.4 and at work which im guess is also 2.4. My macbook has no issues as well as my phones. I tried changing the power settings but no luck

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors