• Views: 118
  • Message 1 of 2

Should I clean the fans?

2019-07-22, 13:38 PM

Lenovo Y520 

Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Ram 8gb

i5 7300 HQ 2.5 ghz

Unfortunately I am not able to open the case of my latop Y520. I have read several posts here where it is explained how to clean them with compressed air without removing the case.

On Idle tems are around 38-40C

While playing, temps are around 83-84C but sometimes with game as Black Desert Online or Total War Three Kingdoms, that require better performances, the temps reach 95C.

If I use the option to increase the speed of the fans it goes down to 79-80C and when I close the game it goes back to 38-40.

I am trying to understand if it is normal because of the low Ram, (someone told me something about a bottle neck) or I should try to open the case and clean the fans. If it is normal to reach those tems, I will avoid the risk of breaking the case trying to open it. I could try to clean them without removing the case (never tried)...

Options

9663 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6733 Signins

727473 Page Views

• Views: 727473
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Should I clean the fans?

2019-07-22, 22:07 PM

Hi PierpaoloM,

Greetings.

You can refer to the discussion here and here to compare the temperature. 

Reading the values appear that the laptop is within normal temperature of its model. Keeping the vents and fan free from obstruction is always good but you can also have it service through its warranty just in case you free that the warmth is getting unusual than before.

Usage of the Extreme Cooling is a feature intended for this events.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save