03-21-2016

USA

6 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 1 of 2

Skips and stutters in games Y700

2016-03-21, 18:46 PM

I have the Y700 15 inch touch model. I got it last week and im having a great time with it. My only issue has been that in games no matter the settings such as Smite, Dota 2, Star Wars The Old Republic I get these odd freezes that usually last less than a second but ive had one hang up for like 3 in smite. It seems related to when I see a new animation or sound that ive yet to hear in that particular playthrough. Almost like its hanging on loading a new sound or graphic. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and all the games are set to use the 960m. No Mcafe installed just fyi. I have alreadt tried installing the latest sound drivers but I dont know what to try next. I also seem to ocassionaly get a message that the Intel HD 530 stopped responding and has recovered.

Options

23 Posts

04-09-2015

California

23 Signins

171 Page Views

• Views: 171
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Skips and stutters in games Y700

2016-03-22, 6:48 AM

There's 2 possible fixes I know of, the first being that the games are playing off your intel integrated card and not your nvidia, open the nvidia control panel and select whatever game your playing and make sure the option is "use nvidia card" and not "default"  another reason could be the harddrive, lenovo is somewhat infamous for skimping on their harddrives and causing them to freeze/bug games, in that situation you would have to buy a new one

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete