08-25-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Slow Legion Y530

2020-08-25, 20:57 PM

Last February (2019)I purchased a Legion y530 from Best Buy. I bought it because my best friends 11 year old son passed away and at the time I didn't want to leave her side. I bought it so I could work on the slideshow and program for the funeral but I also wanted it for work. (I'm a photographer). I primarily edit on a desktop. In July 2019 I went out of state for a wedding and brought my laptop to edit. It. was. so. slow. SLOOOOOOWWWW! It took me 45m to edit 4 photos between lightroom and Photoshop. I gave up and decided to edit the photos when I got home. The past year since returning I have used the laptop 3-4 times for the occasional browsing (showing clients online galleries, etc). My husband tried to use it for a proxied virtual exam; it didn't work. 

I have updated it, defragmented it, and I don't keep ANYTHING on the laptop itself, still, it's pure garbage. My husband is a Systems Engineer with a strong background in **bleep** near all things computers and he is stumped. Updates installed, no malware, drivers updated. Can't figure it out. 

I am at my wits end. I spent about $1k on this paperweight. I wish i would have sent it in when it was under warranty, but I used it so infrequently and just didn't think about it. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I just can't figure out why it's so terrible. It shouldn't take 5 minutes to load one photo into Photoshop (importing from lightroom). 

HELP! I'm ready to throw 3k at a Macbook! 🤬

Solved! See the solution
Options

4100 Posts

12-11-2015

United States of America

4487 Signins

50802 Page Views

• Views: 50802
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Slow Y530

2020-08-25, 21:25 PM

That model uses the Intel UHD Graphics 630 for low end graphics, and uses one of three Nvdia GTX Graphics adapters; a GeForce GTX 1050 (2GB or 4GB GDDR5 of VRAM memory), a GeForce GTX 1050TI (2GB or 4GB GDDR5), or a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5. 

Obviously having more dedicated VRAM is desirable when rendering in Photoship or Lightroom, but you also need to make sure the Adobe software is set to use the dedicated graphics, and not the slower Intel UHD Graphics that shares system RAM with the Windows Operating system,

Examine the document below, and try the steps outlined in step #7 (Configuring computers with multiple graphics cards) to ensure that the NVIDIA control panel is configured properly.

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Best of luck, 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

08-25-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Slow Legion Y530

2020-08-26, 3:25 AM

Thank you so much! I will check it out! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms