SI

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 1

Smartphone headphones on Legion Y530

2020-04-10, 11:35 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH Laptop (Type 81FV) which has only 1 combined audio input/output 3.5 mm jack. I have JBL T210 in-ear headphones which work beautifully on my smartphone, but when I plug them in my laptop, the microphone does not work. The output works fine, but it does not detect the microphone.

Firstly, do smartphone headphones (like JBL T210) work on Legion Y530?

If so, how can I make it work? Do I need a specific driver?
The internal microphone in the laptop works fine and I have microphone turned on and enabled for apps in the windows settings.
I have installed the latest driver in GeForceExperiecnce. I have tried uninstalling sound drivers, updating drivers with Device Manager, Intel Driver Support Assistant, Drivers & Software on Lenovo Support site and Driver Booster.

As seen in the following pictures, when I open 'Sound' in Control panel, the speakers in playback tab have 3.5mm jack in Jack Information, but the microphone has only 'digital jack'. I have enabled both show disconected and disabled devices.

P.S.: This Steam streaming microphone/speaker devices were installed after I have tried all these things, so they are not the cause of the problem.

So far nothing has worked and I am starting to wonder that this is not actually a TRRS port.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save