02-03-2015

RO

106 Signins

767 Page Views

• Views: 767
  • Message 1 of 2

[Solution] High CPU temperatures with Y530

2019-04-01, 16:05 PM

I keep seeing people coming and complaining about high CPU temperatures with Y530. One of the main reasons for this is Intel Turbo Boost and I created two batch files which disable/enable this feature. You can test and see if result is suitable.

Disabling Turbo Boost will keep CPU at its default frequency.

https://github.com/xistense/BATUtilities/tree/master/Turbo_Boost

Options

18 Posts

12-27-2018

IN

24 Signins

520 Page Views

• Views: 520
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: [Solution] High CPU temperatures with Y530

2019-04-06, 17:35 PM

wrote:

I keep seeing people coming and complaining about high CPU temperatures with Y530. One of the main reasons for this is Intel Turbo Boost and I created two batch files which disable/enable this feature. You can test and see if result is suitable.

Disabling Turbo Boost will keep CPU at its default frequency.

https://github.com/xistense/BATUtilities/tree/master/Turbo_Boost

Disabling turbo indeed reduces the temperature but by doing this, you are reducing the speed of the processor. This is not really a solution but a workaround to solve heat issues for the people who do not need to run the processor at max speeds. My laptop Y530 comes with an i5 8300H which runs at 4GHz on turbo mode. Since this causes overheating, In addition to undervolting the CPU, I have reduced the max turbo speed to 3.1GHz for each cores using Throttlestop. Now the processor runs at steady 3.1GHz below 80 degrees. I don't prefer to run the processor to run 2.3GHz which is just too low for my works. Your batch file works and would help people who prefer CPU to run at  base clocks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete