Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

10532 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26802 Signins

584059 Page Views

• Views: 584059
  • Message 91 of 142

Re:Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2021-02-15, 14:14 PM

Hi all,

I have forwarded the request to change this feature when this thread was only a few posts long, but until today I have only received the information that the feature is currently working as designed by our engineers and that the request was noted. I'm keeping an eye out for any updates from the team, but haven't received any new information past what I have already stated here. I will make sure to let you all know in this discussion if I should get some updates.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

45 Posts

04-23-2020

Yemen

74 Signins

740 Page Views

• Views: 740
  • Message 92 of 142

Re:Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2021-02-17, 17:16 PM

I was just notified about this and I also need a solution to this problem.

I'm subscribing to this topic to keep myself posted. Thanks.

Options

2 Posts

02-19-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 93 of 142

2021-02-19, 20:23 PM

I bought this to take on long business trips so I could play games at night or on a flight without looking like a giant dingus. I bring this in to a conference or on a sales meeting I'll look like a basement-dwelling incel.

Options

1 Posts

02-21-2021

Switzerland

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 94 of 142

2021-02-21, 11:10 AM
Check the OP, mate.
Options

3 Posts

02-24-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 95 of 142

2021-02-24, 19:26 PM

I got this laptop for more than half a year, reached out to customer service and tech support right after the purchase, up until now, there is still no solution. Lenovo's support is very disappointing. This is a mere firmware overwrite and it takes forever to resolve.

I just saw a post from July 2020 by Chinese Legion support forum, a firmware (for y750 model???) was able to fix this issue for the units in China back in the days. For some reason, it is not working right now. I am turning to the support team over there, wishing for a faster response.

I worked as a researcher and asked my department to purchase this for research work, and thank god now I can work from home, otherwise this will be an embarrassment in professional environment.  Thought of returning it right after I found this issue, but it would be too much trouble as I had to report my department the reason of returning...and it was such a ridiculous reason...

Will not purchase any more lenovo product.... 

Options

3 Posts

02-24-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 96 of 142

2021-03-02, 7:24 AM
P.S. the firmware from chinese forum only works on unit sold in China. Apparently this is not some hard issue to fix. The new generation is coming and we still stuck with this irritating problem. Good job lenovo
Options

8 Posts

03-02-2021

Czech Republic

17 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 97 of 142

2021-03-02, 10:13 AM

Dear Juraj,

is it possible to forward this request to Lenovo developers/management once again, please?

As it seems there is not much progress or response in this issue from Lenovo and there is quite big discussion around. 

It bothers a lot of people including myself, who bought Legion 7 recently, likes it, but thinking to return it because of this issue :(

As from my little IT development experience, color profiles which are crazy right now are stored in some permanent memory place anyway.. So I suppose it's not much of hard work to make this accessible in some interface for users (BIOS/iCue/Vantage) and be able to save it.

Lenovo shouldn't be ignoring this, and should be able to do something to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Martin

Answer
Options

10532 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26802 Signins

584059 Page Views

• Views: 584059
  • Message 98 of 142

2021-03-02, 11:02 AM

Hi all,

I have received flash files for a blue alternative for the spiral rainbow keyboard effect from our developers, which is zipped and attached to this message. The archive contains two folders, one for the 15" and the other one for the 17" version of the Y740. There is no other source for these files other than the attached archive on this message, it's not going to be officially released on our support page and there is no official support for this tool, but most importantly, you're using these files at your own risk.

To flash the FW of your keyboard, unzip the archive and choose the correct folder based on the screen size of your Y740. Run ITESHFU.exe and let it flash the FW of your keyboard. After it's done, the exe is going to generate a log in the folder in which you ran it, which is going to state whether the flash was successful or failed.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

03-02-2021

Poland

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 99 of 142

2021-03-02, 14:02 PM

Hello, how about making such package for Legion 7i users? It would be great :)

Options

21 Posts

03-14-2018

United States of America

19 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 100 of 142

2021-03-02, 16:26 PM

Thanks for doing this! However, I'm going to wait for a few people to report success before trying it on my production laptop.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)