Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-10-2021

Poland

1 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 111 of 134

Re:Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2021-03-10, 19:18 PM

The solution for Y740 sounds cool, but what about Legion 7i? 

Frankly, it doesn't seem like a difficult issue, the default was blue at some point,

someone decided to switch it to rainbow swirl, let's make them revert that change. 

If you ask me, no light at all would be a good default, untill the iCUE is launched. 

This is one of the most active threads on this forum. Few others are also about keyboard backlight. 

Let's keep pressure on this and maybe one day we can get a firmware update in Vantage that will just bring this rgb system back to acceptable normal. 

Options

7 Posts

03-02-2021

Czech Republic

16 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 112 of 134

Re:Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2021-03-12, 14:36 PM

Agree with the post above, just a switch button (BIOS) to turn RGB off till iCue takes over (startup, lockscreen, shutdown), would do it for me. Simple.

Options

1 Posts

03-18-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 113 of 134

2021-03-18, 4:20 AM

The Rainbow Spiral is needs to go. I just bought a Legion 7-15IMH05 (Lenovo) - Type 81YT, almost $2k and you cant even disable the default lighting... Is there any possible way to disable this on this specific model? Will those files you attached work on this model? The laptop is awesome but I would rather return it then have to see these lights go off one more time. Will wiping it clean and reinstalling windows take care of it? I'm willing to throw on 2004 Ubuntu if that does the trick. 

To who ever else sees this and is considering buying one. If you do not like flashy things then do not purchase this laptop. Its not bearable... Unless they come up with a solution because it is a nice laptop. Every time you close the screen and open it, DISCO! Turn it on, DISCO, walk away for 10min and let it go to sleep, DISCO.  

Options

7 Posts

03-02-2021

Czech Republic

16 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 114 of 134

2021-03-18, 13:18 PM

Admins, could you kindly remove "Solved" tag from this topic thread, as the issue was not resolved so far.

Even there are uploaded files for Y740 earlier in this thread, nobody tested and confirmed the functionality for it yet.

Moreover there is no solution for Legion 7i at all, which is more demanded by users as it is the latest Lenovo high tier model..  

Thanks,

Martin

Options

9811 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26713 Signins

578280 Page Views

• Views: 578280
  • Message 115 of 134

Re:Y740 Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2021-03-19, 11:22 AM

@ jani7 wrote:

Admins, could you kindly remove "Solved" tag from this topic thread, as the issue was not resolved so far.

Even there are uploaded files for Y740 earlier in this thread, nobody tested and confirmed the functionality for it yet.

Moreover there is no solution for Legion 7i at all, which is more demanded by users as it is the latest Lenovo high tier model..  

Thanks,

Martin

I'm afraid I can't do that. The discussion is marked as solved as our developers have confirmed the fix to be working and the solution enables others looking for the same topic and modification to find it more easily.

This discussion has been created for the model Y740, long before the Legion 7 was even announced (I have fixed the title of this discussion to reflect this). The earliest discussion on this topic in connection with the Legion 7, which I was able to identify, is the following one.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

6 Posts

07-30-2020

Sweden

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 116 of 134

Re:Y740 Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2021-03-19, 11:29 AM

But technically this shouldn't be considered as "a solution" for the Y740 model either. What developers basically just did was releasing unofficial patch that reverts the situation to a previous (less awkward) state - the fact that _blue_ light is standard-boot option. If they are not able to create a dedicated / save - BIOS-level option where one can set the lights as desired, I strongly believe that the only good option is that default boot setting is lights completely turned off (with ability to let iCUE take over after initial boot so one can have presets by preference)

Options

6 Posts

07-30-2020

Sweden

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 117 of 134

2021-03-19, 12:39 PM

As addition to my post - while Y740 now is discounted it's far away from obsolete product and should be technically supported for few more years which includes even official BIOS/firmware updates. 

When that day comes eventually for me to get myself a new gaming (or even office ) computer gear, if Lenovo doesn't fix this - it won't be an option for me anymore.

Options

1 Posts

03-24-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 118 of 134

2021-03-24, 4:00 AM

Use at my own risk? I guess I'll stick with the annoying rainbow lights.

Options

6 Posts

07-30-2020

Sweden

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 119 of 134

2021-03-24, 12:04 PM

Some of these y740 models costed up to 3000€ up until middle of last summer and now are basically being treated like 'obsolete' products by Lenovo with unofficial "use at your risk" - type of patch, that also is not even solution to the problem. The subject line of this thread says at the end 'LET US TURN IT OFF'.  This patch doesn't do that, and it's not official. Make official one!

No more Lenovo for me, as it looks now.

Options

4 Posts

12-21-2020

Canada

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 120 of 134

2021-03-26, 0:52 AM

All with 7i,

I have created another forum post specific to the 7i since this is closed for the Y740. You will notice it has the same look and feel to this forum post...please post your distain for the 7i spiral rainbow here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/7i-Stop-the-RIDICULOUS-Spiral-Rainbow-Keyboard-backlight-effect-Let-us-turn-it-off/m-p/5072584 . LET'S GET LENOVO'S ATTENTION!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms