Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

09-07-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 41 of 141

Re:Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2020-09-11, 21:34 PM
Thanks, GoodGuy I was able to get the keys to static blue but as soon as I do something else it reverts back to spiral!!!!
Options

71 Posts

08-31-2020

United States of America

35 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 42 of 141

Re:Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2020-09-12, 12:39 PM

I hope you are all barraging the official Lenovo support with tickets and referencing this thread.  There is no way they will read this thread on their own.

Incidentally, the 5i remembers the keyboard color when rebooting. So they know how to do it.

Options

17 Posts

04-02-2019

Estonia

60 Signins

396 Page Views

• Views: 396
  • Message 43 of 141

2020-10-01, 19:40 PM

Completely agreed that they need to revert this change. When I bought the computer, it booted with solid color......

Options

7 Posts

09-28-2020

Australia

8 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 44 of 141

2020-10-04, 1:03 AM

Totally agree, Please Lenovo, let us be proud of the otherwise beautiful machine you have made.

Just imagine, all these customers taking their laptops to the workplace, opening them up in meetings, board rooms, presentations! think of the free advertising you will get when we can finally take our laptops to work.

I'm actually still taking my T410s from 2011 to work, as I find it more appropriate. Although I doubt its inspiring anyone to buy a Lenovo. 

As a side note, this is the longest and most populated thread I have come across on the Lenovo forum, seems clear your customers want this change.

Help us help you! :)

Options

7 Posts

10-03-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

95 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 95
  • Message 45 of 141

2020-10-05, 13:07 PM

+1

Surely this is possible with a bios update

My 10 year old daughter really likes it though :)

Options

4 Posts

10-05-2020

Germany

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 46 of 141

2020-10-05, 16:55 PM

I sure hope Lenovo does something about it this time.. I love the RGB LEDs on this device, but I surely didn't ask for that rainbow spiraling effect on bootup.

Please Lenovo - FIX THIS.

Options

9 Posts

09-21-2018

Singapore

12 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 47 of 141

2020-10-07, 12:10 PM

can anyone help me disable this rainbow keyboard lighting permanently? I think I'm gonna die from this.. i should have done my research on the issues of this laptop before purchasing..

Options

7 Posts

10-03-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

95 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 95
  • Message 48 of 141

2020-10-07, 14:32 PM

the only solution is to open the Laptop case and disconnect the cable!

Options

1 Posts

10-10-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 49 of 141

2020-10-10, 8:03 AM

YES, PLEASE!!! I just received a brand spanking new Legion 7i that I was so excited about but am ready to send it back without even using it yet. These lights are positively crazy making. I had thought I read somewhere that this could be turned off, but I cannot now find how to do so. Sure, I can scroll through the options every time I start up, but why should I have to?! This should be a very basic feature and I'm crossing my fingers that Lenovo will provide me (us) with a solution. Good grief. 

Options

1 Posts

09-18-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 50 of 141

2020-10-10, 21:50 PM

It's honestly disgraceful that they put so much time and effort into the hardware, and even the total number of performance related BIOS options, but nothing that simply changes the behavior of the onboard LEDs. It boggles the mind and makes Lenovo seem incompetent that they can't just write a tiny bit of code that makes the keyboard remember its previous lighting state upon boot. They've shown it's possible on previous models, but maybe they just fired their last low level programmer, and now they can't figure out how to turn off an LED device. 

The worst part of this whole thing is that I like the machine a lot. It's just such a weird thorn in my side that I can't open my computer at night without being blasted halfway across the room by a full power gamma ray burst shooting out of my laptop from every conceivable direction. It's like if I bought a new car, and every time I turned it on, the stereo would blast Darude Sandstorm at full volume unless I quickly punched in a deactivation sequence on a keypad unless I ripped the stereo out entirely.

And whoever's idea it was to make spiral rainbow vomit the default needs to be demoted immediately. Come on Lenovo, you can do better than this. I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. Actually, no, I'm also mad.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms