Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-10-2020

Portugal

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 51 of 141

Re:Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2020-10-10, 22:14 PM

There are some things that sound so ridiculous, that one doesn't think to check. Like turning off a rainbow effect on the keyboard 

I make mine the words from previous posts, this is saddening, I just bought a Legion 7, and to my great surprise I can't turn it off. A quick online search brought me here. 

Going to contact Lenovo's customer support, see what they have to say about it !

Options

8 Posts

09-11-2020

Poland

8 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 52 of 141

Re:Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2020-10-26, 22:39 PM

Yes Lenovo,  turn this off +1

Options

4 Posts

09-17-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 30
  • Message 53 of 141

2020-11-02, 18:56 PM

Still no resolution for this, despite it now being months and months. My 7i still looks like some tacky supermarket gaming machine everytime I turn it on and I have to go through the ridiculous ritual of pressing the FN and space bar four times. Every. single. time I turn this machine on or restart it.

That and the fact overdrive (which is utterly broken) has to be turned off every time as well are just an absolute joke. The face it hasn't been fixed or seemingly even acknowledged is just ridiculous.

Options

12 Posts

11-03-2020

Romania

26 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 54 of 141

2020-11-03, 20:25 PM

Well,

If I could find this thread early probably I would bought another notebook because of this stupid rainbow...

This model was chosen because my business prefers Lenovo and this model meets the hardware requirements... but who ever taught that this kindergarten rainbow effect would be the "default" at startup and when locked with no option to disable it on startup!

And especially when this problem seems to last for more than two years.

Even Microsoft will patch its applications faster... so LENOVO PLEASE FIX THIS - let this PC be usable in business also.

I think that even some "hardcore gamers" would like any other option BUT NOT the RAINBOW!!! 

Options

4 Posts

11-10-2020

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 55 of 141

2020-11-10, 8:56 AM

Ah sadly after just 1 day of owning my new, top of the line i7, I also find myself looking for an answer to this. I've emailed support as suggested, hopefully they'll take note soon as it's embarrassing to start this thing up.

Options

1 Posts

11-16-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 56 of 141

2020-11-16, 10:43 AM

It's been one year. ONE YEAR since this thread started and no dimes given by Lenovo. Here's a Lenovo lover who's about to be kicked to the haters side by Lenovo itself. You tell me HOW is it even possible to even think that it's OK to set a nauseating rainbow as default at BIOS level. This feature is made for shop windows and it's a big "WE JUST CARE ABOUT SELLING" shouted in user's face who paid the bucks to Lenovo!! And I'm forcing myself to not use any slur here. doublewteeeff!!!

I don't want to have to push a key combo every time I turn the 7i on to avoid making it look like a luna park! It's embarrassing and annoying even if I am in my room alone.

Legion 7i is a great laptop but the idiotic presentation seriously compromises my love for it. I enjoyed the rainbow the first two times I turned it on then I started looking into how to turn it off to find out that

1. It's hardcoded in BIOS and it's by DEFAULT!
  2. It's configurable via a disgusting, tacky, poorly developed, pointlessly performance hungry piece of bloatware that should never have been necessary.
  3. The above software is Windows only. "SCREW YOU LINUX USERS!" Yeah, who the F uses Linux in 2020 right???

It's like this got into the hands of the kids of some childish managers to have fun.

Dear Lenovo, I can't explain how astonished I am by the incompetence that this is revealing. It's ONE feature. We all know you have the resources to change this. The more you keep it there the more it will damage you because you might have gained 1 or 2 % of extra sales from shoving this into shop's windows but your users will tell how careless you were on this to whoever they talk to about your laptops. Please SACK your marketing strategists who believe they thought this through. It's seriously RIDICULOUS as per title.

Do a BIOS update and make the rainbow optional at start. Allow 3 modes: 1. Mono-colour 2. Rainbow 3. Off and please allow the keyboard luminosity to be stored so I don't have to reconfigure it with Fn+↓ every time. Jesus you're supposed to be laptop designers, do users really have to tell you this???

AND SINCE SO FAR YOU HAVEN'T HEARD US, MAYBE SOME VISUAL COMMUNICATION... AND A CAT WILL WORK BETTER. SO HERE WE GO.............

FORUM POST: Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!
Options

2 Posts

11-18-2020

Switzerland

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 57 of 141

2020-11-18, 3:20 AM

Has anyone actually received a response from support? I filed a ticket and they just cancelled it without any explanation.

Options

4 Posts

11-10-2020

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 58 of 141

2020-11-18, 12:34 PM

I've just been told that it's impossible to disable it on that model. £3000 for a mobile disco unit that's a total embarrassment to open.

Maybe one of the admins (@Andy_Lenovo) can take this forward with the appropriate department? Failing that I've still got 6 days left to return mine, which I'll be doing if no solution is provided.

Options

6 Posts

07-30-2020

Sweden

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 59 of 141

2020-11-18, 19:01 PM

"Impossible to disable"?! Okay, so now they are lying as well?! Just few months ago a firmware was released that changed default (blue) light to this awfull rainbow one instead. So, tehnically it's possible at least to release a firmware that has lights turned off as default setting. They probably have some deal with Corsair (who are the manufacturer of the actual keyboard / lightning system). I was thinking buying a new Lenovo Legion monitor to accompany  the laptop when I'm gaming at my desktop but since now they are lying - I'm no longer buying Lenovo. Thank you

Options

12 Posts

11-03-2020

Romania

26 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 60 of 141

2020-11-18, 19:41 PM

Until a fix or a decent response, I will try to tell all of my friends, and on every forum and media I contribute to STAY OUT OF LENOVO LEGION because even has a very good hardware will came with a big disgrace - a stupid rainbow that cannot be stopped if not re-configured (at boot)! 

Maybe some waives in  social networks will make Lenovo react.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms