Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajoe117
Paper Tape
Views: 1,159
Message 1 of 2

Suggestion of gaming laptop for animation course

Hi forum, i'm going to start studying animation course, but i have no idea which laptop should i buy, and my friend that is also studying animation course tell me that i should buy a gaming laptop, but just again, i have no idea because all kind of laptop seems the same to me. With any information i know, i would like to buy a laptop budget around $1200, and the software i'm running will roughly be Maya, 3DMax, Photoshop, After Effect, Adobe Pr, ZBrush.

Appreciate any of the suggestion. Thank You ~

Guru
Views: 1,124
Message 2 of 2

Re: Suggestion of gaming laptop for animation course

A gaming laptop can serve the purpose as it is usually a powerhouse, but if you plan to work on battery alone, then this will be a problem.

What you should look for -

1) i7 processor

2) 16-32GB RAM

3) GTX 1050Ti or more

4) 256gb SSD + 1 tb hdd

As far as I can tell a Lenovo Y520/720 would meet your requirements. There are also customization options to check what price/parts suit your needs. Thanks.

In my experience the color accuracy of some screens is not the best, so if you want that, then you may have to look at other brands and shell out more money.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors