07-17-2019

US

2 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 1 of 5

Touchpad doesn't work after sleep/hibernate-Legion Y540

2019-07-17, 10:55 AM

Just got a new Legion Y540 laptop from Lenovo website (P/N 81SX000LUS) Windows 10 OS. I am having a problem with the touchpad after the unit goes into sleep/hibernate. The touchpad will be working fine then I close the lid and the unit goes to sleep. As long as I open the lid while the light on the side of laptop is still blinking (assuming this means sleep mode), the touchpad works. If I close the lid and allow the laptop to sit long enough until the light on the side stops blinking (assume it went into hibernation), when I open the laptop, the touchpad does NOT work. I have to restart the computer to get it to work again. This is the only condition where the touchpad stops working-the touchpad stops working when the laptop moves from sleep to hibernate.

If I change the power settings to have the laptop go directly into hibernate mode when the lid is closed, upon reopening, the touchpad works fine. 

I've had tech support update the bios with no change. I have uninstalled the "HID Compliant Mouse" and restarted the laptop but the problem persists. The touchpad driver looks to be a Windows driver.

Any help that can be given to fix this is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Options

1 Posts

08-05-2019

PT

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Touchpad doesn't work after sleep/hibernate-Legion Y540

2019-08-05, 21:09 PM

I have the same error touchpad not work

Options

3 Posts

07-17-2019

US

2 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: Touchpad doesn't work after sleep/hibernate-Legion Y540

2019-08-05, 22:17 PM

I actually returned the laptop to Lenovo for a new one. The touchpad on this one works fine. Maybe you got my old machine :)

Hope you can find some help.

Options

4 Posts

10-18-2020

AU

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 4 of 5

Screen doesn't work after sleep/hibernate-Legion Y540

2020-10-18, 7:55 AM

Hello

I have also been struggling with an issue which occurs after closing the laptop lid and the laptop is hibernating. Upon re-opening the laptop, the screen backlight appears (ie the screen is a slightly lighter black) so is obviously working but no picture is shown. The screen eventually comes back on again after several attempts at holding the power button for a hard re-start - risking losing any unsaved data on the hibernating machine.

I have updated windows, BIOS and display drivers in an attempt to resolve this but with no impact.

Lenovo help have said I will need to re-install windows and format my laptop - a complete nightmare and days of work to get everything re-installed and working again as a small business. I would have thought there may be a way to roll back drivers or similar to try and resolve the issue before wiping windows from the system?

Hoping for some more ideas if anyone has any? - before I undertake a full format as a last resort.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Options

1 Posts

10-20-2020

IN

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Touchpad doesn't work after sleep/hibernate-Legion Y540

2020-10-20, 19:07 PM

Hey, 

I hope you already find a way by now. Can you help me out because i have the exact same issue. 

Thanks in Advance

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete