Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZMFong
Token Ring
Views: 2,154
Message 21 of 61

Re: Touchpad driver for Legion Y530?

After doing a clean Windows installation, the touchpad has become buggy. Sometimes it will randomly stop working, or go crazy - very slow and irresponsive movements, tapping/gestures don't work, etc. I wanted to try reinstalling the touchpad driver, unfortunately there isn't a single driver for the touchpad in Y530. Need help.

Mod's edit: updated Subject line after merging this post with an existing thread.

Laptop enthusiast and recommender from LTT forum
I own a Legion Y530.
Guru
Views: 2,031
Message 22 of 61

Have you read the posts in this topic ? The driver is under Firmware and is installed by Microsoft.

ZMFong
Token Ring
Views: 2,020
Message 23 of 61

Update: I tried installing Synaptics driver from external source (driver 19.5.10.5). The issue is still there.

I own a Legion Y530.
FabioGaspar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,011
Message 24 of 61

alex5723, that's true. But if Lenovo pre-loads laptops with Windows 10 and with a Synaptics driver, that driver should be available on the downloads page. There's no excuse. If there's a Synaptics driver, there's a reason for it, for example, adding functionality. Generic drivers only offer basic functionallity.

What else Lenovo pre-installs that is not available on the downloads page?! I have installed every tool, and still some Fn keys don't work for example.

It just doesn't make any sense. Buying a laptop without OS has a different experience from buying a laptop with a OS. Shoudln't be like that

tianovski
What's DOS?
Views: 1,632
Message 25 of 61

Hello guys! I had the same problem (even device manager was like i had no touchpad at all). I downloaded this chipset driver https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/i9y402af.exe , and when i installed it the touchpad started working immediately. I also installed synaptics , everything seems to work fine. Good luck Smiley Happy

ZMFong
Token Ring
Views: 1,585
Message 26 of 61

@tianovski wrote:

Hello guys! I had the same problem (even device manager was like i had no touchpad at all). I downloaded this chipset driver https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/i9y402af.exe , and when i installed it the touchpad started working immediately. I also installed synaptics , everything seems to work fine. Good luck Smiley Happy

Where to download Synaptics driver?

I own a Legion Y530.
Guru
Views: 1,537
Message 27 of 61

This whole topic sounds to have gotten overly complicated. Pick out and download whichever driver you want for your touchpad then use that .inf file to install it through device manager.

You can see how here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2rfwR-IV-c

ZMFong
Token Ring
Views: 1,505
Message 28 of 61

@LelouchV wrote:

This whole topic sounds to have gotten overly complicated. Pick out and download whichever driver you want for your touchpad then use that .inf file to install it through device manager.

You can see how here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2rfwR-IV-c

I tried that. Problem still exists.

I own a Legion Y530.
Guru
Views: 1,487
Message 29 of 61

I see, you may need to try out several drivers for that method though. Have you tried uninstalling the drivers for your touchpad and restarting Windows to let it reinstall them?
ZMFong
Token Ring
Views: 1,407
Message 30 of 61

@LelouchV wrote:
I see, you may need to try out several drivers for that method though. Have you tried uninstalling the drivers for your touchpad and restarting Windows to let it reinstall them?

The driver is Windows default driver, nothing I can uninstall

I own a Legion Y530.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors