Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-07-2021

Romania

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 6

Touchpad not working (Lenovo Legion Y7000 2019 81T0000NRM)

2021-06-07, 22:50 PM

Hello,

A few days ago I updated my drivers because the audio and video on all media files (both online and offline) kept going out of sync. After the update was finished, I restarted my laptop. When it turned on again, I discovered the touchpad stopped working, however, the wired mouse works fine. Thinking it was a driver-related problem, I went into Device Manager and found the touchpad driver grayed out in both the "Mice and other pointing devices" and "Human Interface Devices" sections. Updating them didn't work since I got the dialogue box that the drivers are already up to date. Then, I tried downloading the Elan driver and installing that, but still no success. I uninstalled the touchpad drivers from Device Manager thinking they would be reinstalled after a restart, but now they are gone forever (even with "show hidden devices" enabled).

Another strange thing is that I tried to find the touchpad driver on the lenovo website, but when I select my series and model, there is no category with drivers for mice/pointers/keyboards.

Could it be more of a hardware problem rather than software? If so, what could have caused it? I am certain the laptop didn't take any kind of damage between the touchpad working and not working. It just sat on my desk.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Options

3108 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

588 Signins

23859 Page Views

• Views: 23859
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Touchpad not working (Lenovo Legion Y7000 2019)

2021-06-08, 2:47 AM

Hello @chinozaur,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried disconnecting the mouse from the machine first?

Some touchpads actually lock when a mouse is currently connected to the machine.

Also please post your MTM (ex 82B10000FR) so that other members can join in the discussion and offer solutions.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

06-07-2021

Romania

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re:Touchpad not working (Lenovo Legion Y7000 2019)

2021-06-08, 9:20 AM
Hello Jack, Yes, I did try disconnecting the mouse, but it still didn't work. The mouse pointer just disappears.
Options

3108 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

588 Signins

23859 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

Re:Touchpad not working (Lenovo Legion Y7000 2019 81T0000NRM)

2021-06-09, 9:14 AM

Hello @chinozaur,

Sorry for the late reply.

Do you have any restore points for earlier updates?

It may be possible to try and restore to an earlier point and check if that will fix the issue.

If you do not have a restore point you might want to try and check if the touchpad is working in the BIOS environment.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216-recommended-way-to-enter-bios-ideapad

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

06-07-2021

Romania

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-06-09, 16:00 PM
Hello Jack, I do not have any restore points. With regards to the BIOS menu, I can find no setting related to the touchpad in any of the tabs. Also, the Advanced tab, where I saw that the touchpad setting is usually located, is missing entirely.
Options

3108 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

588 Signins

23859 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-06-11, 18:10 PM

Hello @chinozaur,

Sorry for the late reply.

If this is the case it might be possible that the touchpad is experiencing hardware related issues.

I would suggest reaching out to service for further assistance https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms