Options

8 Posts

09-07-2020

US

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 3

Trouble getting Legion 15 (AMD Ryzen 4800) 1660 TI Win 10 to come out of sleep after a few hours

2020-09-19, 23:24 PM

Trouble getting Legion 15 (AMD Ryzen 4800)  1660 TI Win 10 to come out of sleep after a few hours

Have new laptop. Bios up to date. All files from Lenovo up to date. All Windows updates installed.

Power configuration set to sleep while plugged in after 30 minutes. It will wake up from sleep after that time. However a few hours later the power button on the laptop is not lit anymore.

I have to press it to come out of sleep. Not reboot but come out of sleep mode.

If I move my external mouse, external keyboard, internal laptop keyboard....Laptop will not come out of sleep. Must press power button

In Device Manager and Advanced Power Management I ensured (changed) that Keyboard, Mouse, USB entries, Network Adapter and more were unchecked  in Power Management (properties) where it says to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Where possible and allowed I did check boxes that said "Allow this device to wake the computer".

Under Power Options:

it is set for Energy Star which Lenovo Tech said was more for battery than anything else. Hybrid Sleep is off.

Wake Timers plugged in: Important wake timers only 

USB Selective Suspend Setting: Disabled.

*Link State Power Management was set to Maximum Power Settings (when plugged in) and I changed it just now to Off

*****Hibernate minutes-was set to 180 minutes, I just set this to zero so we will see if this disables hibernate and laptop will come out of sleep mode with mouse movement or keyboard touch. This might be the answer to original question or subject but also may not work..... I have an HP laptop that used to comeout of sleep fine. But one day it stopped doing so and I had to press power button like on this laptop. 

After reviewing the settings today on my older HP laptop with same (never come out of sleep mode) I did see I had Hibernate shut off (Windows 8.1, set to Never Hibernate). I also had made the same changes as on this laptop. So we shall see. If I cannot get ito to come out of sleep I will just have the display power down and leave laptop on. This is due to the fact I will have the laptop closed and am using an external monitor, mouse and keyboard.

BTW

Switchable Dynamic Graphics (prob not related) is Set to Optimize performance instead of Maximize Performance.

Thanks, Peter

Solved! See the solution
Options

8371 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77320 Signins

2195934 Page Views

• Views: 2195934
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Trouble getting Legion 15 (AMD Ryzen 4800) 1660 TI Win 10 to come out of sleep after a few hours

2020-09-20, 0:31 AM

Certainly sounds like it's hibernating.  I don't know if "0" does the job.  It may.

Old-school use "powercfg.exe /hibernate off" at an elevated command prompt.  Or just set the hibernation timer to something very long...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

8 Posts

09-07-2020

US

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Trouble getting Legion 15 (AMD Ryzen 4800) 1660 TI Win 10 to come out of sleep after a few hours

2020-09-20, 14:27 PM

Fixed,  Yes I caught that Lenovo was hibernating and I changed  setting to Zero and it fixed it. I missed that completely, My fault. Lenovo rep was extremely nice in helping me and I cannot complain. she is calling me back today. We both overlooked the most obvious. Duh...

Checked my old HP and I had all power plans set to not hibernate except one. I feel more stupid. So that one seems to work after one cycle. We will see if any future driver or Windows updates breaks anything as we know these things do occur.

Thank you 

Stay safe and healthy in these crazy times

Sincerely

peter

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete