Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pimpoezin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 358
Message 1 of 7

Trouble with NVIDIA DRIVER GeForce GTX 1060 - Lenovo Legion Y530 - Please help

Hi all,

This is the first time I post something here but at this point I will try anything. I've been using my Lenovo Legion y530 for a few months now and recently I started having trouble with my NVIDIA driver. At this point it sort of stopped working all together -> and sometimes it works for a brief moment but never that long. 

So here I am. I'll try to give as much information as I can (for I don't know what's relevant for this issue). First of all let me take you back to when the trouble started. 

A few weeks ago my Wireless Network Adapter stopped working for what seemed no reason at all. Me being a n00b when it comes to hardware started troubleshooting on the internet. Soon I found different possible solutions to the problem. One of them was a complete system reboot. Ofcourse I didn't start with this one but eventually it seemed the last possible option. So I rebooted the whole system, but the network adapter still wasn't working. After some more searching I found that a hard shut down might work so i tried this and this worked. 

Right away I started experiencing troubles with my NVIDIA driver. Which didn't suprise me that much so I installed the latest drivers (through the Lenovo website). For a short period it worked but as said above the driver seems to fail quite often now. My other Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 seems to work fine (but ofcourse this one doesn't really do the trick). Then I tried to install the laters drivers through NVIDIA itself but this didn't work for it kept saying I had allready installed the latest drivers. Later I also updated Windows but this didn't help either. 

When I open my Task Manager it also says 0 % in the performance tab for the NVIDIA driver (while sometimes it seems to be working fine). I'm really desperate for a solution so if anybody has an idea that would be great. 

Operating system is Windows 10 - 64bit 

Processor: intel core i.7 (hexa core - Coffee Lake)

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (Dedicated 6GB)

Guru
Views: 322
Message 2 of 7

Re: Trouble with NVIDIA DRIVER GeForce GTX 1060 - Lenovo Legion Y530 - Please help

The MVidia Game Ready driver GPU as the name implies is intended for game, not for common applications like browsers, office.... That is why the GPU is = 0.

You can however  attach applications to the GPU by going to NVidia control panel and selecting applications to run with the GPU. The impact will be neglectable (you can also right-click on an application (.exe) and select 'run with NVidia).

If you want the GPU to be used with Video, Photos, Office... applications you can switch (via Nvidia GeForce Experience app) to the NVidia Creator Ready Driver.

creator.jpg

pimpoezin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 311
Message 3 of 7

Re: Trouble with NVIDIA DRIVER GeForce GTX 1060 - Lenovo Legion Y530 - Please help

Thank you! I allready feel like more of a noob using a Game Ready driver for adobe software. I will try with the Creator Ready Driver. Hopefully this will work

pimpoezin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 307
Message 4 of 7

Allright so I downloaded the NVIDIA Creator Ready Driver and selected it in the NVIDIA GeForce Experience App. I opened Adobe Premiere pro but the NVIDIA GeForce GTX is still coming in at 0% unfortunately..

Guru
Views: 285
Message 5 of 7

What do you mean by downloaded and selected ?

You should select NVIDIA Creator Ready in NVIDIA GeForce Experience App then run 'check for update' and let NVIDIA GeForce Experience App  install the new driver replacing the game ready driver.

pimpoezin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 266
Message 6 of 7

I might be using the wrong terminology here. But yeah I did select the NVIDIA Creator Ready in the NVIDIA GeForce Experience App. It also sais the latest version is installed. 

Guru
Views: 244
Message 7 of 7

ncp1.jpgAdd the applications you want to run with NVidia GPU.

Right-click desktop and run NVidia Control Panel

If the app in not on the list of pplications just select 'add' and browse to the application you want to add.
NCP.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors