Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

06-14-2021

Germany

8 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 1 of 2

USEFUL TIP: Lower temperatures and fan noises with power plans

2021-06-15, 15:28 PM

Hi guys! This is not really a question but imo a very useful tool to get lower cpu temperatures and lower fan noises while doing tasks with low hardware demands like browsing, watching videos, etc.  I have the y540 and I set up a new 'power plan'. You can do that by right clicking ur battery in the taskbar and click on energy/power options. I made a plan called 'quiet' where I limit the processor to 50% ( thats 1,3 GHz of the 2,6 GHz base speed). You can do that by creating a new plan and under advanced settings -> processor adjustments -> maximum power -> change value for working with cable to a value you think is fine (i took 50%). By that you still have enough speed for standard tasks and your fans will be a lot quieter. Also I noticed the standard power plan 'balanced' gives very high cpu speeds when you dont even need them/not doing anything which of course leads to higher temperatures. Via MSI afterburner I noticed the cpu temperature drops from around 60°C to less than 50°C using the new power plan. Dont forget to change it back to 'balanced' when you want to play games because the cpu throttle will lead in lags.

Options

4457 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

671 Signins

29345 Page Views

• Views: 29345
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:USEFUL TIP: Lower temperatures and fan noises with power plans

2021-06-15, 19:32 PM

Hello @hehexd420,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing the solution you've tried on your machine. I'm sure other members will find this information very useful.

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms