Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

09-30-2019

Norway

36 Signins

312 Page Views

• Views: 312
  • Message 1 of 3

Unnecessary Rainbow Spiral Legion Y740 15"

2020-01-20, 22:31 PM

Hi, 

There's an irritating spiral rainbow when I power on my laptop. It makes the laptop look very unprofessional, not to mention childish. Also, the keyboard does not remember the brightness level after a restart, wich can be considered a bug. This is on a 740 15irh. Without taking the chance of breaking the international keyboard layout by flashing the firmware suggested by other users, system restore or reinstall, is there any other way to fix this? Can we all ask Lenovo to do a proper update for these things? Thanks! 

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

United States of America

411 Signins

10555 Page Views

• Views: 10555
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Unnecessary Rainbow Spiral Legion Y740 15"

2020-01-21, 11:49 AM

Hi TheLastLegion!

Try uninstalling and re-install the iCue app. You can download it here https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/downloads

If you don't want to use the software you should be able to switch between 2 or 3 configuration, preprogrammed into the hardware itself, by pressing the FN button and SpaceBar.

Regards,

Jerry_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

17 Posts

09-30-2019

Norway

36 Signins

312 Page Views

• Views: 312
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Unnecessary Rainbow Spiral Legion Y740 15"

2020-02-03, 12:28 PM

I know about Fn. The problem is that the keyboard itself and iCue are two independent functionalities on the same device. Why would Lenovo do this? It causes software and hardware conflict or malfunction. iCue is nice about what it does, but it only works within Windows OS. iCue should always be connected to the keyboard controller at hardware level, in or out of Windows. This is an oversight from Lenovo, and that's why things like iCue void visualizer doesn't work, or audio through Bluetooth has no response, neither in iCue nor using the keyboard controller. iCue should be part of the system at hardware level, with it's own embedded controller. This would fix everything.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms