Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeoncitoP
Paper Tape
Views: 1,285
Message 1 of 2

Upgrading RAM and SSD on Lenovo Ideapad Y700

I recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad Y700 and I was wondering 3 things. The first is many sockets do the RAM and the SSD have? Also, am I able to have a SSD and a Hardrive together? The second thing is what is the max RAM and storage the laptop can have? Lastly, will upgrading the RAM and SSD void my warranty?

Thank you to anyone who can help.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,201
Message 2 of 2

Re: Upgrading RAM and SSD on Lenovo Ideapad Y700

@LeoncitoP wrote:

I recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad Y700 and I was wondering 3 things. The first is many sockets do the RAM and the SSD have? Also, am I able to have a SSD and a Hardrive together? The second thing is what is the max RAM and storage the laptop can have? Lastly, will upgrading the RAM and SSD void my warranty?

The "Hardware Maintenance Manual" (HMM) contains the specifications of your laptop (plus other information).  You can download it from the Lenovo web site.  Scroll to the bottom of this page and click "Manuals" in the "Support" column.

I have an Ideapad 700-15ISK (not a Y700-15ISK), but I think that the answers to your questions are:

(1) Two RAM sockets.  My 700 also has two RAM sockets, and the maximum RAM supported is 32 GB, but the Y700 might have a maximum of only 16 GB.  Look in the HMM to find out.

(2) One M.2 SSD socket.  Note: not all brands and models of SSD are supported; you have to purchase an SSD that is on the list of supported SSDs (if you buy something else, there is no guarantee that it will work in the Y700).  Look in the HMM to see what SSD models are supported.

(3) You can use an M.2 SSD with the HDD.  Alternatively, you could remove the HDD and replace it with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD.

(4) I think (not sure) that the RAM, SSD, and HDD are regarded as "user replaceable parts", so you can change them without voiding your warranty.  But it needs someone from Lenovo to confirm this.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors