Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G_D_A_A_D_G
Paper Tape
Views: 196
Message 1 of 5

Vantage showing wrong computer

First time poster but I couldn't find a way to fix this problem though I saw it's been discussed before. Hence asking again.

So I have a Legion Y520-15IKBN. I updated my BIOS to 4KCN45WW. After this I notice that the Lenovo Vantage app says I have a IDEAPAD. It's displaying the SN, Prod#, BIOS versions correctly though.

How do I get back the right Device Name on this app. I don't know if this affects it's ability to update drivers etc. Not that there are any new drivers for the Y520 now.

Help here would be very appreciated.

Guru
Views: 151
Message 2 of 5

Re: Vantage showing wrong computer

The Legion Y PCs are IdeaPads.

G_D_A_A_D_G
Paper Tape
Views: 146
Message 3 of 5

True... but it used to show as a Legion Y520 15IKBN earlier.

Lenovo Employee LaCroix
Lenovo Employee
Views: 97
Message 4 of 5

Hey GDAADG,

I will look into this to double confirm there are no other issues. But for system update we do not use the system name when we check, rather your serial number and machine type model. If both are those are unchanged, it should not have any impact.

Also, since the machine is technically past it's end of life, the updates will be pretty rare. And any driver updates, we always post on Windows Update so no matter what you'll get them someway.

Thanks!
G_D_A_A_D_G
Paper Tape
Views: 90
Message 5 of 5

Thanks LaCroix. I understand what you're saying. 

However since I'm very **bleep** about these things. Is it possible to get Vantage to display the correct computer name as it did before?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors