Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

07-10-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 5

When will Lenovo release a new touchpad driver to fix this issue!?

2021-07-12, 5:04 AM

Model 16ACH6H Legion 5 Pro. Purchase only a few weeks ago.

I am having the same issue many other recent Legion 5 owners seem to be having. The lower left quadrant of the touchpad is unresponsive at times. It does not respond to inputs in the lower left quadrant when sliding my finger around. The rest of the touchpad is okay. I have tried the following:

1. Reinstall the device

2. Attempt to update driver

3. Disable/re-enable device

4. Disable other HID devices because of possible IRQ conflict

5. Disable various features/gestures in the Windows Touchpad Settings section

6. Disable windows tablet service

I have a feeling it's a driver issue but I could be wrong.

LENOVO, PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THIS IS AN ISSUE AND RELEASE A FIX. I DON'T WANT TO EXCHANGE OR RETURN THIS LAPTOP. It's a huge hassle on my end :(

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

326 Signins

14351 Page Views

• Views: 14351
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:When will Lenovo release a new touchpad driver to fix this issue!?

2021-07-12, 9:13 AM

Hi sworobec,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It could be static buildup in the machine that is preventing the lower left quadrant from being functional.

To try and clear this up, try Step 1 below:

Step 1. Static Discharge
- Remove all cables attached to the laptop (ac adapter/power, hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)
- Ensure device is switched OFF
- Hold down power button for 60 seconds
- Re-attach all cables
- Connect the AC Adapter, then let the device charge for about 2 minutes (if it does) then start up as usual.
- Try this a couple of times in case it doesn't solve the issue the first time (2-3)

In the event this doesn't help solve the issue, then continue below:

Step 2. BIOS Load Default Settings.
- Select the Start Menu, then choose Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware settings
:or:
- Press the power button to completely shut down the unit.
- Press the Novo Button - The button can be reached/clicked by an unfolded paperclip or similar.
- Choose the BIOS setup.
- If you do not have a Novo Button, then repeatedly pressing F1 of F2 (FN+F1 or F2) or Shift + Power button on startup will take you to the BIOS.
- Navigate to the EXIT tab
- Press "Load Default Settings"

- The Legion BIOS should have a Graphical UI, and the possibility to use the touchpad, so if possible, try testing the bottom left quadrant while in the BIOS.

- Save & Exit changes

Step 3. Test the touchpad in Safe Mode.

- How to enter Safe Mode

- In the event the bottom left quadrant is not working in both BIOS & Safe Mode, it's highly likely to be a hardware issue.

To rule out any software issue, I'd recommend trying to perform a OKR/Factory Reset of your device:

Step 4. OKR - One Key Recovery
**This is a complete factory reset of the computer
**Loss of data can occur, so we advise you to backup your data if possible.

- Completely shut down the device.  
- Press the Novo Button :  It is the small reset hole on most devices that you need a unfolded paperclip to reach. 
- When the system boots up, a menu will appear, select System recovery and follow the recovery process.
- You can find out where it is or what reset function your device has at the support page under.

Knowledge Base & Guides -> User Guides -> And clicking the User guide(Not HTML one) in the list -> Ctrl+F to search the document for "Reset", "Novo Button/Hole" or "BIOS"

- When the system boots up, a menu will appear, select System recovery and follow the recovery process.

In the event the touchpad did not function in Safe mode or BIOS & an OKR did not solve the problem, then this is a hardware issue with the device.

Depending on the Warranty of the device, I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) or a certified technician center to see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

10 Posts

05-30-2021

United States of America

11 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-07-12, 9:37 AM

Same problem here, described everything in my precious thread. It is a software issue. It DOES NOT happen while in BIOS. And the problem is still persistent after fully resetting windows. Lenovo needs to be the ones to fix this, at this point I've seen 7+ people experiencing this.

Options

8 Posts

07-10-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2021-07-12, 17:17 PM

I tried the static discharge solution with the power button several times. Did not work.

I tried the BIOS and also the safe mode boot test. I can still tell there is some malfunctioning and sensitivity issues in the lower left quadrant in both situations.

So, I think it may be a hardware issue now.

I have submitted a ticket for Lenovo to correct this issue hopefully in a timely manner.

Options

8 Posts

07-10-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-07-20, 1:28 AM
Okay I wound up having to RMA my laptop. Took a few hours with tech support but eventually after trying everything they RMA'd it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms