Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-22-2021

United States of America

57 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

Why Does my Expected Arrival Date Keep Changing?

2021-07-22, 0:57 AM

At the beginning of this month, I purchased the Lenovo Legion 7 16 Gen 6 for about $3500, I'm scheduled to transition out my old work laptop for this one, at first I had February 2022 as my 'expected arrival date'  then it moved to early August of this year, I've been monitoring the Order details page closely each day to see if any further drops would occur, then this morning my 'expected arrival date'  changed to end of August, So I called Customer Service: 1-855-253-6686 #3 and expressed my concerns to an operator, I need to be sure that I can get this on a planned date so I can transition machines, and why had I been lied to, that I could get it sooner? when two weeks before the reduced shipping date it got moved back(why reduce it in the first place if that date can't actually be met?) this had me concerned that this could re-occur each time the shipping date approached, so I asked if it would be moved again or if I could rely on the date I was given (give or take a week) and the operator told me yes within about a week of the date. So I thanked him and ended the call. but no less than three hours later I checked my order-details page once more to find it had been moved back yet another few weeks. So all this said I'm highly concerned that as a customer I'm being lead on, and will start expecting the date to keep moving backward now each time I approach the shipping date. Why did my date get moved forward and then moved backward multiple times? I'm a customer who has paid, and I feel like I should expect a relative(if not a hard date, I have a customized unit on order, but that date give or take a week shouldn't keep changing. It's misguiding on deliverability. And why is the date changing?

Feb2022 -back-to-> Aug19 -> Aug6  -forward-> Aug20 -> Sep8

Moderator comment: Moved to the proper forum. (NateS)

Options

11218 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32972 Signins

1229825 Page Views

• Views: 1229825
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Why Does my Expected Arrival Date Keep Changing?

2021-07-22, 11:48 AM

Hello and welcome to Community,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing delays which have been an issue for some time now and have affected many industries as reported in the press. You stated your order is for CTO, Configured To Order, systems which will need to be built which, in turn, will make it more vulnerable to delay should a specific component required for that build unexpectedly experience a delay. Shipping dates are forecasted on supply expectations at a specific time, they are constantly revised, but can change forwards as well as backwards if expectations for component supply change which is not something Lenovo can control, any responses you receive will be based on current information. I can only suggest, as it is time critical, that you speak to sales again to perhaps find a system that meets your need and is in stock.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms