Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

02-03-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

Wifi Super Slow compared to other devices IdeaPad L340 Gaming

2020-02-05, 1:34 AM

Hello, For some reason my new laptop's WiFi is unbearably slow. I'm currently typing this from my phone because of how slow it is. Other devices including other laptops and phones in my household work just fine, but my new laptop is struggling. It's kind of irritating. How do I fix?

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

United States of America

411 Signins

10555 Page Views

• Views: 10555
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Wifi Super Slow compared to other devices IdeaPad L340 Gaming

2020-02-05, 11:30 AM

Hi Tate808!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Are you referring to the system performance of the computer or slow internet connection? For system performance, check the usage of your computer by opening the task manager > processes. It can be an issue within the software or some unwanted applications automatically running on to your computer. 

If you are referring to Slow internet connection. Open the Lenovo Vantage app, run for system updates and check if there are available WiFi drivers for your L340. 

You can also reboot your router and your computer to refresh the network.

Regards,

Jerry_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

10-11-2020

Denmark

5 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 6

Re:Wifi Super Slow compared to other devices IdeaPad L340 Gaming

2020-10-11, 9:24 AM

Hi, 

I am experiencing the exact same issue, with extremely slow WiFi speeds compared to other devices.

My Ideapad L340 is purchased in July 2020 and therefor less than 4 months old, but it is by far the least performing in terms of WiFi.

I have tried the restarting of devices, I have tried to run Lenovo's built in software maintainance apps and have as such the latest available drivers according to it. 

Last week I have installed complete new mesh-wifi with 2 access points and also upgraded my WiFi package from 300/300 to 500/500. 

ALL devices on the home network (work laptop, macbook, ipads and phones) have now measered ACTUAL WiFi speeds between 200-240 mbps depending on location in the house. This Lenovo Ideapad consistently lies between 30-40 mbps, even though it being the newest machine on the network --> that is a performance level of ONLY 15% compared to actual measured speeds of other (older) devices.

I don't have the option to use the laptop permanently connected to LAN, but for test purposes I have measered the LAN connection speed several times - last week, before the new package, I checked and got results between 280-310 mbs over LAN for a 300 mbps package - proving the internet provider delivers what is promised AND this laptop can receive that over LAN. 

Therefore the issue is exclusively with extremely poor WiFi performance - whether software or hardware related.

How can this be fixed or addressed?

Best regards,

Ralph

Options

71 Posts

08-31-2020

United States of America

35 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-10-11, 23:55 PM

Most gaming laptops kick the wifi into battery saving mode when on battery. First confirm if it is faster when plugged in. If so, set your WiFi power to performance when on battery. The setting can be edited under the Windows power plan.

Options

2 Posts

10-11-2020

Denmark

5 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-10-12, 12:01 PM

Thank you - that was very helpful.

That has made a considerable improvement in WiFi reception/ performance.

With the same test and locations in the house, the actual measured speeds on this Lenovo Ideapad L340 are now bumped to 90-120 mbps. 

While that is a major improvement, it is still roughly at 50% WiFi performance compared to the other devices as mentioned above.

What would the next steps be, as I do not consider this a satisfactory end result?

Best regards,

Ralph

Options

8 Posts

03-25-2021

Denmark

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-07-13, 13:56 PM

Turn the network boost off in the Lenovo Vantage program. If you have chosen a program in the network boost option, it will slow the internet connection on everything else than that program, when the program is loaded

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms