cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidPJimenez
Paper Tape
Views: 1,431
Message 1 of 7

Will the Intel 9560 work on the Legion Y530?

Hi!

I would like to know if the this (Intel 9560) will work on my laptop?

My laptop came with the Realtek 8822be, which is the worse card I have ever had in my entire life (For real, sucks pretty bad, low signal, random disconnects when the laptop is on battery, high latency and unusable for real-time tasks). I want to replace this card with Intel 9560.

Amazon:Intel 9560

PD: I used the Lenovo Support Parts Lookup and looks like that card will work but I just want to be sure.

Dan_Petrescu
Token Ring
Views: 1,419
Message 2 of 7

Re: Will the Intel 9560 work on the Legion Y530?

@DavidPJimenez wrote:

Hi!

I would like to know if the this (Intel 9560) will work on my laptop?

My laptop came with the Realtek 8822be, which is the worse card I have ever had in my entire life (For real, sucks pretty bad, low signal, random disconnects when the laptop is on battery, high latency and unusable for real-time tasks). I want to replace this card with Intel 9560.

Amazon:Intel 9560

PD: I used the Lenovo Support Parts Lookup and looks like that card will work but I just want to be sure.

Yes, it is working very well, I can confirm that because I had the same problem with mine (crappy realtek) and I replaced it with the Intel 9560 bought from aliexpress.

DavidPJimenez
Paper Tape
Views: 1,379
Message 3 of 7

Thank you! That helps me!

For those ones that face the same problem and don't want to buy a new card. Installing the driver for the same Wifi card for other Lenovo computer worked for me. More stable, no more random disconections and decent ping. (Some people reported high latency, no my case but be aware of that).

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad T470 (Just uninstall the actual driver using device manager and then install this one and reboot)

I'm still buying the Intel 9560, thanks for the help!

Dan_Petrescu
Token Ring
Views: 1,376
Message 4 of 7

@DavidPJimenez wrote:

Thank you! That helps me!

For those ones that face the same problem and don't want to buy a new card. Installing the driver for the same Wifi card for other Lenovo computer worked for me. More stable, no more random disconections and decent ping. (Some people reported high latency, no my case but be aware of that).

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad T470 (Just uninstall the actual driver using device manager and then install this one and reboot)

I'm still buying the Intel 9560, thanks for the help!

I can't understand why Lenovo is not updating the driver for Y530 aswell as they did with the other models with the same wifi card. That's really annoying...

Husamzrx
Paper Tape
Views: 1,169
Message 5 of 7

Hello Dan is it the same model as this one ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dual-Band-1-73Gbps-Wireless-For-Intel-AC-9560-9560NGW-NGFF-Key-E-Wif...

i want to order one but i need to make sure that it's the same one you bought 

Dan_Petrescu
Token Ring
Views: 1,146
Message 6 of 7

@Husamzrx wrote:

Hello Dan is it the same model as this one ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dual-Band-1-73Gbps-Wireless-For-Intel-AC-9560-9560NGW-NGFF-Key-E-Wif...

i want to order one but i need to make sure that it's the same one you bought 

Yes, that's the model I'm using.

attafwrd
Paper Tape
Views: 28
Message 7 of 7

It's working perfectly, until your laptop goes to low power state/idle state and you wake it up.

Since the adapter can be put into a sleep state, but not woken back up, it's very possible that Y530 does not support the same power management features integrated into the Intel 9560 or Intel AX200. Why I know this? Well, I'm using Intel AX200. Bought them to replace Realtek 8822BE. Tried & tested 'em.

From Windows 10 x64 1909 Event Viewer:

"The network interface "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 109 time(s) since it was last initialized."

"Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed."

Everytime the laptop wake up from long idle/low power state, it'll freeze everything for some time... As above log says, mine resets 109 times And I assume when it's resetting, it causes the freeze.

Tried turning off power saving, etc, but it still happens.

It's just the compatibility ain't perfect.

But hey, still way better than Realtek 8822BE. I can (try) to live with that...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors