cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manish200588
Serial Port
Views: 10,061
Message 1 of 4

Windows Precision Drivers for Synaptic or Elan touchpad for Legion Y720 (others also)

I had a not so good expereince with Touchpad of Legion Y720. it is not smooth, it lags, it skips the touch etc.

so i found about windows precision driver that can replace synaptic or elan drivers. and trust me after installing the same, the touchpad works great. and after installation deactivates the synaptics gestures from synaptics settings.

i am sharing the same. please check. you can rollback to previous drivers easily so no harm in trying. but please read the article completely before trying.

and please do it on your risk. i am not responsible if any thing wrong happens.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-precision-touchpad-drivers

Hyperfish
802.11n
Views: 10,003
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows Precision Drivers for Synaptic or Elan touchpad for Legion Y720 (others also)

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

The Elan driver is poorly-written but allows much more customization if you go over its registry settings, so there is a trade-off here though.

Daniel_ChongWC
Paper Tape
Views: 6,154
Message 3 of 4

Re: Windows Precision Drivers for Synaptic or Elan touchpad for Legion Y720 (others also)

I'm using Y700 with Elan mouse pad 

For Elan mouse pad, if your mouse pad doesnt work now, go to device manager. right click the mini ptp device with yellow exclam. mark, update driver. click all devices. next. click have disk. Browse. same location as the ETD.inf, only this time click on ETD mini ptp.inf. boom. Your PC has a Windows Precision Trackpad.

Credits to Dave Lee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2rfwR-IV-c

Vibes 1891

Highlighted
jabele
Paper Tape
Views: 68
Message 4 of 4

This no longer works as of the Fall update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors