Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

52 Posts

04-29-2020

Cyprus

31 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 1 of 11

X-Rite Color Assist for Legion 5 Pro

2021-04-29, 13:32 PM

Hello.. I got the Legion 5 Pro.. As soon as I got it I swap the NVMe drives from my Y540 so i don't have to move everything.. I removed every old driver and installed any missing drivers... Now I was smart enough to copy the color calibrated profiles for the display and after a day of straggling I managed to make them work correctly on the display... Do i need the X-Rite Color Assist or it doesn't matter now that I got the profiles working..? Thank you..!! 

Options

5482 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

33565 Page Views

• Views: 33565
  • Message 2 of 11

Re:X-Rite Color Assist for Legion 5 Pro

2021-04-29, 14:08 PM

Hello @mikekir97,

Thanks for reaching out.

Pretty sure you should be good since you've already copied the profiles and have confirmed it to be working well for you.

Would you also mind sharing the process you've done to get imported color profiles to work on your machine?

I'm sure other members will find that useful.

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

52 Posts

04-29-2020

Cyprus

31 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 3 of 11

2021-04-29, 15:09 PM

Thank you for your reply..!! I am more than happy to share what worked for me.. I found this information online after a lot of searching..

So before you format or put your old hard drive in my case to a new machine make sure you copy the "color" folder located under "C:/Windows/system32/spool/drivers/color". Paste the entire folder to a usb flash disk or an external hard disk.. its very small in size..

After that when you have finish your windows installation, plug in the drive you copied the "color" folder earlier..

Inside there should be the color calibrated profiles for your display with the file type extension of ".icc" or ".icm" just double click to install.. after installation I followed the instructions in the two videos from YouTube below and it did work perfectly.. now I can switch color profiles from Windows 10 Display Settings..

I hope this helps..:)

First Video

Second Video

Options

52 Posts

04-29-2020

Cyprus

31 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 4 of 11

2021-05-01, 15:01 PM

The .icm profiles from my Legion 5 Pro can be found in the link below.. They should work on any Legion 5 Pro display but they may not be as accurate because it is a different physical display than mine..

Link to .icm profiles 

Options

2 Posts

05-12-2021

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 11

2021-05-12, 7:38 AM

Planning to buy legion 5 pro. Can you guys tell if it supports DCI P3 and if yes upto what percent coverage?

Options

52 Posts

04-29-2020

Cyprus

31 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2021-05-12, 9:27 AM

Hello.. the display from factory only covers 100% of sRGB.. I do not believe it will be better without actually color correcting and further calibration.. 

Options

2 Posts

05-12-2021

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 7 of 11

2021-05-12, 9:31 AM
So color correction for dci-p3 can be done via software methods right? I saw dci-p3, Adobe rgb profile in the xrite app of legion 5 pro in a YouTube video
Options

52 Posts

04-29-2020

Cyprus

31 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2021-05-12, 9:35 AM

Most likely you will need some hardware to correctly calibrate the specific display on your laptop.. even if you find online the color profile someone created for there machine it will most likely not be correct on your laptop due to minor variations between display panels..

Options

6 Posts

11-30-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 9 of 11

2021-08-23, 5:04 AM

Hi @mikekir97 / Lenovo support,

A noob (when it comes to color space) here. I just received my Legion 5 pro, and would like to understand if I'm doing all right.

My X-Rite Color Assistant's version is 2.12.0, and I see following profiles in its drop down list:

• sRGB
  • Rec. 709
  • Not Calibrated

When I opened X-Rite Assistant for the very first time, none of the above profiles were selected, so I went with Default profile. As per the description, Default profile is same as sRGB but with maximum brightness (of course I lowered its brightness to 50% under normal circumstances).

Note that "Not Calibrated" profile gives a Yellow tint which I'm not a big fan of. Default/sRGB are much more pleasing for normal usage in my opinion.

Question is, are Default or sRGB profiles good enough for normal purposes like browsing, videos, gaming and office use? I mean, sure, it depends on my taste and what looks better practically, but based on your experience, am I doing okay with these settings? Or is there something that you would like to suggest that would improve my display even further?

Thanks for you time and really appreciate it if you could let me know on this.

Additionally, as seen in the attached file, I see 2 other profiles in the "color" folder (which were not seen in X-Rite app). How do I add these to X-Rite Assistant? I mean, can I just double-click and add them? Will wait for your response before I do anything crazy, lol.

• Native
  • Native_HDR
Options

6 Posts

09-29-2021

Poland

7 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 10 of 11

2021-10-06, 19:17 PM

Legion 5 Pro has very warm and yellow display. I installed X-Rite Color Assistant and applied Default color profile which is much better because not so yellow. But still i would like to have more "cold" display temperature. Can I get and import more profiles to X-Rite somehow or I have to make my own calibration in Windows manually?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms