Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faheem
Paper Tape
Views: 845
Message 11 of 18

Re: Y 700. PCI/PCI e test invalid

I ran into the same issue. However I was able to figure out that it is a bug in the latest update of Lenovo Solution Center v3.2.002.

I reset my system to go back to old version that came with the system, as I did not know what version of Lenovo Solution Center this system came with. PCI/PCI-e Test shows green and successful with the old version. If you have purchased this system recently, open Lenovo Solution Center but do not update it, just select "Later" and do the hardware Scan. 

I have another Hardware failure though with old and new version, but I am supposing that too is just the software "BUG". I hope Lenovo gets a new update to fix all these bugs to Lenovo Solution Center.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 824
Message 12 of 18

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Faheem !

Reverting back to the older version of the Lenovo Solution Center is not a good idea as the latest version patches a security concern.  At this point you are better off ignoring the invalid response till a newer update is released. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Faheem
Paper Tape
Views: 782
Message 13 of 18

Thank you for the suggestion, the revert back was when I reset computer to the factory defaults, which I was able to confirm that the issue is with software and not the hardware, after which I have upgraded to the latest version of Lenovo Solution Center. I am anticipating another update from Lenovo to come soon which will not only address security issues but these minor software bugs.

obirch
Punch Card
Views: 768
Message 14 of 18

Got the same error but also got Chipset invalid (just above PCI).. did anyone else get the same?

Not worried.. after all win10 has given me a **bleep**load of problems but little by little i have fixed most of it.. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 762
Message 15 of 18

Faheem, thanks for posting back with an update on the results of reverting back to the older Lenovo Solution Center.

Obirch, the invalid response to the Chipset falls into the same category as the PCI device......... if your overall test has passed then ignore it until a newer version of the Lenovo Solution Center is released.

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

obirch
Punch Card
Views: 752
Message 16 of 18

Thank you Majestic, how are you finding the laptop on the whole? I absolutely love it apart from some issues with Win10
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 736
Message 17 of 18

Overall I like the Yoga 900 very much.  It is Windows 10 that takes a little getting use to.   Compared to Windows 8.1, Windows10 seems to nag often with reminders to virus scan and to log into my Microsoft Account. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 455
Message 18 of 18

Here is an update to this thread with some additional information......

The latest version of the Lenovo Solution Center (LSC) has produced this invalid comment for the PCI on several different models.  If your overall test result was passed then don't worry about the PCI invalid statement.  If you check the test results it will show that your PCI device Count was 0 which indicates there was nothing to test.  Not quite a false positive test result, but more like a poor naming scheme.  A proper response would have been NA or Not Applicable instead of invalid when there were no devices available to test.

On some models this invalid response is also given for the Chipset test.  I'm not quite sure, but I suspect that it is due to LSC not performing the test for some reason and thus gives an invalid result.  For now, if the overall test has passed then I would not be concern.  Hopefully this will all get straightened out in the next release of LSC.

As far as LSC not connecting with the warranty server,  Lenovo is aware of that problem as well. If needed you can manually check your warranty status using the link below......

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors