06-10-2019 09:21 PM - edited 06-10-2019 09:25 PM
My laptop (Y520-15IKBN) is not turning on. (Charging LED is also not lighting up)
1. First I used ADP plan to change the faulty back cover of the laptop.
2. After 6-7 days, HDD drive started showing it problems ( Lots of blue screens ) ( Hard disk Active time 100% but read/write speed 0)
3. I reInstalled windows but same problem, lots of blue screens.
4. I opened the laptop, closed it and tried to turn on but laptop did not turn on.
5. I opened again and can smell the smoke from the chipset.
So, I suspect that chipset is shorted. (Actually I touched the heatsink over chipset and it was hot when battery connected to motherboard)
And I have no idea if some other component is also faulty.
Here are chipset details --> V715A814, 01178, H59457 01 EHD, SR30W --> these are number from the chipset which I read but I do not know what they mean. I am planning to change the chipset. Where can I get new chipset??
Motherboard --> MB L 80WK WIN I5-7300 G1 4G BL
If someone experienced can guide me, It will be very helpful.
06-13-2019 09:35 AM
06-13-2019 05:43 PM
Hi @omega5 !
Welcome to the Community,
Please share us the following details in the Lenovo Support Account below,
Date of purchase:
Please post back in this thread once you shared the details on the account mentioned above.
06-13-2019 11:15 PM
We have received your details and have requested the escalation to our Regional Team. Please allow them to review and investigate your case. Once concluded, you will be contacted via phone or email regarding the resolution.