i take CSGO for example

my rig : 
i5-7300HQ
1060 6GB
8GB DDR4
1To HDD

128GB SSD and windows installed on it

But when I play CS:GO I have performance problems: 
I put everything in ultra (without vsync in 1080p) and I have about 100 fps with falls to 35-50 so I drop everything in low 720p and I only reach the 80 fps bar with also falls to 35-50

That's illogical! so I followed a lot of tutorials and looked at forums to finally not fix my problem

I tweaked to put the power consumption in "performance" mode on the power supply of the pc as well as that of the graphics card but this does not change anything 

I defrag my disk/reinstall driver/reinstall csgo/desactivate intel gpu and put all this at csgo launch : "-nod3d9ex -freq 60 -high -nojoy -novid -threads 4 -tickrate 128 +cl_forcepreload 1 +mat_queue_mode 2 -console -processheap"

I also have mini-freeze on almost all of my games at launches and then it fades away.

It is not a problem of heating, after one hour the card does not exceed 55°C at most and the processor 60

On the other hand my processor is at 100% of use on CSGO for example whereas my GPU only at 20-25%

My laptop is LENOVO LEGION Y520 15IKB (N or M i forget :/)

Can someone help me solve my problem? 
I can't send my pc tout the warrantly because i use iy for my study and my exam :/
thank you for reading 
(sorry for my bad english)

kinglucas75
Punch Card
Views: 237
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y520 FPS Drop and mini-freeze

sometimes i also have a pause for split moment.

but this used to happen on my other computers also so it must be something to do with CS PERHAPS

not sure

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors