Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agnimytra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 933
Message 1 of 4

Y520 Internal Mic Problem

Hello,

I bought my Y520 few days ago. I realized that my friends can't hear me or they are complaining about annoying noise when we are playing game. After that I decided to test it, I recorded my voice, result was super loudy like scratches, white noise etc. I am already looking for solutions last 3 days, tried everything what I found but when I am recording voice it's still horrible.

By the way it's not muted, green bars are moving, I checked for update of driver, I re-install driver, Sound>Recording>Enhancements - Disable all sound effects, it's being with that annoying voice like scratch, but when I am unchecking it, my voice being super silent and even sometimes not recording for few seconds after that being super silent again.

I will be so glad if someone can help me or I am thinking to return my laptop. Thank you!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 889
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y520 Internal Mic Problem

Hi @agnimytra,

Have you tried uninstalling mic driver and reseting pc, this will allow windows to look for the best driver for device.

Additionally, you might want to try doing the folllowing:

Go to Recording Devices > Properties > Levels > Microphone Array (increase it to above 90)

Leave microphone boost at 0 or add +10 dB if it is still low sound on 90.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

agnimytra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 876
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for answer

I uninstalled and downloaded from lenovo's official site before, this time I disconnected from internet and uninstalled all audio drivers, restarted computer and connected to the internet and I let windows to figure out all drivers and driver updates. It's so much better right now, I get rid of that annoying voice finally, thank you! Sounds so much more clear and more quality. But it's still being silent for 0,5 - 1 sec when I am recording my voice for testing. For example, I am counting until 10 for test. It's always skipping one or two number. I guess it's not normal. Do you have any idea about it?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 855
Message 4 of 4

if it is just happening only at the beginning, then this is just normal Windows behavior.

Try to download Teamspeak and try the sound test there. This is a reliable way of testing quality.

https://www.teamspeak.com/en/

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors