Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S-kas
Paper Tape
Views: 308
Message 1 of 5

Y520 - Screen fades to orange seconds after starting

Greetings!

I'm struggeling with my Y520 that I've had for two years now.

Recently, as i've been playing different games, the screen tended to fade into an orange colour. However, as i shift-tabbed out of the game, the screen went back into the normal colourscheme, and the problem disappeared. This happened three-four times throughout a day.

Originally i thought it was a game-related problem, though now, the screen seems to have permanently turned into this colour, except for in certain situations:

If i turn the computer off, or put it into sleep, when i turn it on again the screen will be normal for a few seconds (10?) before fading into orange again

If the computer is on with the orange colour, and i lock the computer with win+L, the lock screen is shown in an orange hue. However, when i start typing in the password, the screen turns normal again, but changes back into orange when it unlocks.

Other than those two situations, the screen is in a constant orange hue.

I have tried turning on and off the nightlight mode, which does nothing except a miniscule change in the intensity of the orange hue.

I have tried changing to the different colour standards, without any change in the orange hue.

I have tried calibrating the screen, without success in bringing back the original colours.

I have connected an external screen ( with HDMI-DVI) and the same orange colour appares on the external screen.

I have searched around the web, but i have not found any solutions that have worked with my device.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed with this issue?

If successful, the added pdf should demonstrate the difference in colour on the lock screen.

Thanks.

- S-Kas

dylancl
Punch Card
Views: 259
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y520 - Screen fades to orange seconds after starting

Have you tried disabling 'Eye Care mode' in Lenovo Vantage?

The color of your screen in the PDF looks similar to the color temperature 1200K you can set in the software...

You can find the settings in System Tools -> Audio/Visualimage.png

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 245
Message 3 of 5

If you are running Windows 10 1903 and installed Aug. KB4512941, uninstall the update. It is a Microsoft bug (there are many others in 1903).

https://mspoweruser.com/cumulative-update-kb4512941-delivers-bizarre-new-orange-screenshots-bug

Update : New Lenovo Vantage app is responsible :

https://borncity.com/win/2019/09/09/windows-10-v1903-red-screen-bug-with-update-kb4512941/

S-kas
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 4 of 5

Ah, the problem has been solved then!

I guess Lenovo Vantage was the first place i should have been looking, though it never occured to me that there would be more than one place on the computer where this kind of setting could be manipulated, rather than just in the control panel. I'll keep it in mind in the future.

Thank you very much!

dylancl
Punch Card
Views: 217
Message 5 of 5

No worries, glad I could help. Smiley Happy

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals