Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
genghiz
What's DOS?
Views: 149
Message 1 of 3

Y520 - Windows 10 stops loadig when graphic driver loads after last BIOS update

Hello,

My Legion Y520 stopped loading windows 10 x64 after the latest BIOS update. I have reinstalled the win twice and at the moment it updates the video driver the screen becomes black and nothing happens. I have SSD and HDD with windows 10 installed. It is the same on both disks. I've tried to remove the SSD in case it is because of it, but it didn't help. Before the update it was working fine even in havy games. So, I dont think it is a hardware problem. Can someone give some advice? I dont find anything to change in BIOS.

Thanks in advance.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 118
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y520 - Windows 10 stops loadig when graphic driver loads after last BIOS update

Some people had problems with the latest BIOS of the Y520. You might want to try to downgrade to the previous BIOS.

If you need the previous BIOS, check this thread for links.

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52 | X1 Yoga (1st)(2nd) | Legion Y530
SvetoslavBG
Fanfold Paper
Views: 90
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y520 - Windows 10 stops loadig when graphic driver loads after last BIOS update

Have the same problem , downgrade to 4KCN40WW  BIOS and everything will be ok, also  windows 8.1 is working fine with 4KCN43WW   ,  i was so despared before  i found solution for the problem that i try every possible think , even  save mode with old drivers and stuff like this , only think that worked was windows 8.1

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors