Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asreveciv
Paper Tape
Views: 3,052
Message 1 of 4

Y520 - battery discharging while plugged in

Hello Lenovo community!

I didn't find the answer to my problem anywhere, so here it goes, I hope someone will help me out...

Laptop started to drain battery when it's plugged into the socket outlet, and keeps draining it to 0%. "Plugged in, not charging"

I tried uninstalling the driver for the battery and reinstalling it, but unfortunately, without success. Then it drained completely and I was not able to turn it back on so I proceeded with discharging it by pressing power button for 60 seconds, which helped to get it back to life, but didn't help regarding battery status. The LED on the left side next to power plug is blinking but in a series of three blinks and then two second pause. Please advise on possible solutions to this, to say at least, frustrating problem. Thank you in advance.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,022
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y520 - battery discharging while plugged in

Hi @asreveciv,

Welcome to the Community,

This might be a defect with the battery but in order to confirm we need to follow a few steps.

1. Go to Lenovo Vantage and check the battery status

2. Depending on this contact support and let them determine if a replacement is necessary.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

asreveciv
Paper Tape
Views: 3,019
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply.

Laptop doesn't want to power on anymore, so I sent it for repair. Thank you once again.

Flipsultan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,674
Message 4 of 4

I have a similar problem. I've recently bought this Yoga 520 from a Lenovo store, and it works great. But just a little while ago, only a few days since it was bought, it wouldn't charge. I took a look at Lenovo Vantage, and it says the Battery is Good but it's discharging, even though it is plugged in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors