Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jicheoljeon
Paper Tape
Views: 116
Message 1 of 3

Y520 laptop laggy

Brand new month old y520. fully updated to lastest everything. I even tried formatting it.

Whenever I play a video in the background, everything else just lags. It takes couple seconds for tabs to load. Honestly didn't except this to happen on a gaming laptop, even thought it's a cheap one.

CPU doesn't seem like the problem (~30,40% usage while video's running). Is this supposed to be like this?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 70
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y520 laptop laggy

Hi @jicheoljeon,

Welcome to the Community,

Can you give us a bit more detail about what games and apps you are using?

Also, what energy plan are you using? Is the PC plugged in?

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

jicheoljeon
Paper Tape
Views: 59
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y520 laptop laggy

This lag is consistent even if i'm not running anything else in the background. I've simplified the laptop so that it can focus all its resources on the task at hand whether it be games or videos. I've tried using chrome and microsoft edge. They both lag when I run videos in the background.

The only games installed are pugb, league of legends, and csgo. But I'm not running any of them when I play a video from a site. I also don't run web browser when playing games. The only two other apps I use are discord and steam. I've disbled or deleted all other extra apps. 

I only use the highest setting regarding battery plans and also the laptop was plugged in. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors