Netherlands

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Y520 suddenly slow

2020-10-21, 16:03 PM

Hi,

I've had my Y520 for over 2.5 years now but as of yesterday it has suddenly become terribly slow. Processor and memory do not appear to have a very high load, however all operations take considerably longer than before. I'm not aware of having made any changes to settings etc.

I decided to test an application which should ask a lot from my processor and memory. Normally with that program the hard work is immediately audible. Now when I used it my laptop remained quiet however the process took about 3 times as long as normal.

Is it possible that my laptop is imposing a low power setting despite being plugged in? I normally have the power mode set to 'better performance' and have now tried it also on 'best performance' but to no avail.

I have already run a virus scan, reset windows(saved files, removed apps), done some diagnostics with lenovo vantage -found no issues but also no improvement.

(Win10, i7-7700,16GB, ssd+hdd)

Kind regards,

Steven

Options

4 Posts

10-22-2020

Qatar

1 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Y520 suddenly slow

2020-10-22, 18:17 PM

do you have lenovo nerve center installed? did you try testing your fans on and off? and is it making a difference?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms