Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taudio1
Punch Card
Views: 239
Message 1 of 3

Y530 - 144 hz screen, graphic settings problem

Hey,

I just got a Y530 with I7, 1060, 16gb ram and 144hz screen and I noticed something strange.

I get decent fps (around 60), with high or ultra settings, depending on the game. When I try to lower graphics setting in the game, the fps stays the same, no matter the settings is low or ultra - I get the same fps. When lowering resulution to absurd, fps gets higher, but maybe I get +20 fps..

So problem is same fps, no matter the graphic settings. I wanted to check game smoothness on higher fps, for which i bought the 144hz version, but it seems laptop has some kind of software block on game settings? I expirienced this behaviour in Steep, Witcher 3, Hitman 2, ..

Laptop is plugged, set on performance in Nvidia settings.

Any clues why game graphics settings dont change the fps levels like it should?

Im not that happy with this behaviour, lowering graphic setting as laptop gets older is totaly normal.

Taudio1
Punch Card
Views: 167
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y530 - 144 hz screen, graphic settings problem

How many FPS do you have on your machines? How many on high settins and how many on low in different games?

I updated my drivers, checked if screen is set to 144hz, check everywhere if vsync in turned off, and I still have this 60 FPS lock for some reason.

What else can I try? I just tested Subnautica agai, and I get 60 FPS on 320 resolution=(. Its same for other games....

Im happy with system performance on highest graphic, but this is just apsurd....why would I want a 144hz screen, if system performance is capped at 60 FPS? I dont understand that.

I just noticed that if I press alt+tab, to change windows that fps goes up to 130 fps on this absurd graphic (still very low fps), but they get to 60 when game is fulscreen again.

Its really beyond me, who capped the performance on 60 FPS, using 144hz monitor...

Any ideas?

Taudio1
Punch Card
Views: 158
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y530 - 144 hz screen, graphic settings problem

I think i just found the solution for the peformance cap.

When I tried to installed Vantage software from the Lenovo driver page, it wouldnt let me and same for the bios upgrade. It installed other drivers normally I think.

Lenovo Vantage must be run from Microsoft store, or it wouldnt install. Then you update bios from the Vantage, and install other graphic drivers in an order. Performance cap went away after restart, and I  even have around 5-10 fps increase on best settings.

I could still say that lowering graphic details and resolution, dont mach the fps increase as I would like, but I need to investigate more.

At least I can achive 100+ fps, which I couldnt before.

Anyone wishes to help with some games fps information on diffrent graphic settings?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors