Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hiram_ortega
Paper Tape
Views: 414
Message 1 of 3

Y530-15ICH SSD BSOD issues

I recently purchased a new Y530-15ICH from the Lenovo site and came up with the following Windows BSOD issue after installing an SSD upgrade: 

Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

What failed: iaStorAVC.sys

Further details on the issue: this is caused by waking up the laptop after either putting the system to sleep and/or hibernate by closing it or by manually choosing the sleep/hibernate option from the Windows power menu. 

Original HDD included: generic 1 TB 7200 rpm HD

Upgraded SSD drives with the issue: Samsung Evo 860 500 GB and Kingston HyperX 240 GB (I have installed both and both are causing the same issue)

I have downloaded and installed every updated and recommended drivers from the Lenovo/Samsung/Kingston official product sites and I have even updated the BIOS for the Y530 (also from the Lenovo official site).

This issue happens every time I wake the computer up, no exception. 

I can post additional information. I already spoke to the service contact phone with no luck - they are requesting me to send the computer to repairs but I wanted to try a different solution if available first. I have tried almost everything - Lenovo diagnostics, formatting both drives and reinstalling Windows, etc. 

Has anyone had the same problem and solved it successfully? Is this hardware related? Or driver related? Does Optane memory included with the laptop influences this issue? 

Please feel free to request more information.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. 

Guru
Views: 376
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y530-15ICH SSD BSOD issues

This could possibly be a windows issue but ideally you should follow the support advice on this one.

The workaround could be - Try modifying the advanced power settings and see if your HDD is being put to sleep in some condition. Keep your HDD active in all conditions and see if this happens.

What other modifications have you made to your system?

Thanks.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Ra-V
Fanfold Paper
Views: 245
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y530-15ICH SSD BSOD issues

In my case, the BSOD problem on waking up was caused by an incompatible SSD PCIE M.2 hard drive.

I had an ADATA SX6000 drive installed that work on the Realtek RTS5760 controller and it caused problem with waking and other small software problems.

I try everything: reinstall, change drivers, zarządzenie energią and nothing helped.

In other forum i have read that realtek controller may be incompatible with Legion y530

Next i changed drive to ADATA SX8200 PRO with controller Silicon Motion SM-2262EN and no problems occur anymore.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors