cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laritasgui
Paper Tape
Views: 892
Message 1 of 2

Y530 - My Graphic Card doesn't seem to work properly. Can anybody help?

So, I just bought a Lenovo Legion Y530, 8thgen I7 8750H, 16gb RAM with a GTX 1050Ti. Installed the drivers and it was everything fine untill I tried to play GuildWars 2, and it kept freezing after sometime. My solution was to lower the graphics quality and run the game in compatibility mode - the only thing that apparently made it run properly - when I should just be able to play it normally. My main problem though is that I work with Sketchup 2017 and Vray 3.4 and when I start to model my Sketchup would freeze and then crash after some time running. Then if I try to open Sketchup 2017 again the following message will appear:

"The following errors were found when launching Sketchup:

- Hardware acceleration is unsupported or has been disabled on your graphics card. Sketchup requires that you use a hardware accelerated graphics card.

Unfortunately, these errors will prevent Sketchup from running. Updating your graphics card drivers might fix the problem."

If I restart the Notebook it will work fine again. It seems like the driver is being disabled after the Sketchup crashes. I already Updated Windows, reinstalled the drivers trough GeForce Experience, tried to reinstall the drivers manually trough NVidia website. But nothing seems to work. I can't keep restarting multiple times during my working hours and I don't find anything else that might help me, only people saying "Go for Sketchup 2016", but with a brand new notebook this is kind of frustrating.. I bought a 500gb SSD separately, so Windows had to be reinstalled in order to configure it. I don't know if that might have spoiled something with the drivers, but it should work properly. I posted this message also on NVidia forums because I think it is something about the drivers, but it might be something with the BIOS or some other problem that I'm not identifying. So, if anyone has any suggestions or had a similar problem, or anything that might help me, I would be forever grateful. Smiley Happy

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

laritasgui
Paper Tape
Views: 831
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y530 - My Graphic Card doesn't seem to work properly. Can anybody help?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors