BA

20 Signins

179 Page Views

• Views: 179
  • Message 1 of 7

Y530 touchpad peeling off

2019-11-09, 21:42 PM

Hi all,

On my y530 a bit of touchpad is started to peel of. Laptop is one year old almost. I'm using dedicated mouse, and most of the time my arm is rested on touchpad.

My question is the following, is this covered by warranty? If not, can I buy some kind of skin or cover to tape over it, or if you can specify how much is the replacement of the touchpad?

Solved! See the solution
Options

13 Posts

07-04-2019

BA

20 Signins

179 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

Re: Y530 touchpad peeling off

2019-11-11, 17:49 PM

Anyone :D

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

US

400 Signins

10435 Page Views

• Views: 10435
  • Message 3 of 7

2019-11-15, 18:26 PM

Hi Nedzad!

Cosmetics are not covered by the warranty of the computer. This information can be found here https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/lsw/lenovo_pc_devices_services_agreement_mar2019_emea_english.pdf under pg 5.

"Cosmetic damage (e.g., scratches, dents, or cracks that do not affect the product’s functionality or structural integrity)".

If not, can I buy some kind of skin or cover to tape over it, or if you can specify how much is the replacement of the touchpad? 

Yes, you may use a decals or stickers on the Touchpad to cover it, it doesn't void the warranty of the computer. Should you wish to get the Touchpad replaced, it also needs a whole keyboard/top cover replacement as it is a "whole" part (Keyboard,cover and Touchpad). 

You can order one by contacting our support team https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist for further options on how to order one. 

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Jerry_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

13 Posts

07-04-2019

BA

20 Signins

179 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2019-11-15, 20:24 PM

Hi Jerry :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. 

Regarding your answer "Yes, you may use a decals or stickers on the Touchpad to cover it, it doesn't void the warranty of the computer."

As I can see, the surface that has been peeled away, it's not touch-sensitive anymore. 

So if I proceed to move with decals or stickers, should I peel the rest of the touchpad or just tape over the touchpad as it is in the current state, as shown on the picture?

I know that the following question is out of the scope for you, but:

I'm having trouble to find proper decal/sticker/skin on the internet for my laptop, and that ships to EU :) Can you help?

Thank you.

Options

1 Posts

11-23-2019

US

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 5 of 7

2019-11-23, 19:40 PM

I read the service agreement link in your reply, but that appears to link to the terms of a service agreement, not to general warranty provisions. 

I have the same problem with the plastic film that covers the touchpad. My unit is still under warranty, and the disintegration of the touchpad surface is not a cosmetic issue for me. It alters the way I have to interact with the pad. The edges between where the film has come off and where it is still in place are distracting and always changing as more films peels away.

If the film is not necessary and can be removed without voiding the warranty or damaging the touchpad or exposing the touchpad to damage from sspills, etc, then I will go ahead and peel the stuff off.

Options

1 Posts

08-24-2020

DK

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 7

Re:Y530 touchpad peeling off

2020-08-24, 9:22 AM

Mine does this too, after just a little over a year of light to normal use for studying.  

Options

1 Posts

10-15-2020

UA

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 7

Re:Y530 touchpad peeling off

2020-10-15, 11:54 AM

Same problem with IdeaPad 530S here. After a bit more than a year of use, the touchpad (which almost hadn't been used) started to peel off. 

One morning I just opened the laptop and saw the touchpad covered in bubbles. However, it still works fine with no sensitivity lost. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete