PL

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

Y540 -17irh flash bios from USB without cmos reset

2020-09-16, 14:30 PM

Hello.

I recently bought my first gaming laptop - y540 17 inch (i5, rtx 2060). I tried to backflash my laptop to bios 26ww . After flashing when i enter bios everything seems fine, but when i try to load windows the computer freezes after a while (about 30 seconds). i think the freezing is connected to GPU cooling because just after the freeze, fans start spinning (not 100% but quite loud) . Safe mode on windows was working normaly.

I tried reinstaling windows but i cant finish the process, the laptop freezes before I go through all the questions about region, time and username. Because im stuck midway through installation safe mode wont load properly

I want to flash bios from USB and i found this guide: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Y540-BIOS-Recovery-Mode-Flash-BIOS-from-USB/m-p/5026109

I was wondering is it ok to just prepare the usb (parts 1 to 4) and boot from USB (just like installing windows)?

Thanks in advance for any help

Options

865 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

106 Signins

4986 Page Views

• Views: 4986
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Y540 -17irh flash bios from USB without cmos reset

2020-09-17, 10:29 AM

Hi muszkieter,

The guide you linked should work just fine. Even if you just do 1 - 4.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete