Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Penthon
Paper Tape
Views: 1,478
Message 1 of 8

Y700-15ISK Bios Update Inquiry

Hello all,

I recently bought a Lenovo Y700-15ISK and as I downloaded the drivers, I stumbled upon the BIOS update. There are 2 bios updates one marked as CDCN35WW and another marked as CDCN52WW having the same release date. My laptop currently has a BIOS version of CDCN27WW, 12/11/2015.

So my question is which of these 2 BIOS updates do I download and apply? Do I first apply CDCN35WW and then CDCN52WW or do I apply only CDCN52WW (maybe it contains CDCN35WW)?

Also what steps do I need to follow to properly flash the BIOS with minimum risk? My current BIOS settings are UEFI with an SSD as the boot disk with all the other settings not touched.

Thanks,

Penthon

Guru
Views: 1,445
Message 2 of 8

Re: Y700-15ISK Bios Update Inquiry

You will have to first update to 35 and then to 52. I dont like 52 because it has a new ugly logo.

I didnt do any special steps. I just downloaded the .exe and run it, then after a couple of restarts the bios is updated

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Penthon
Paper Tape
Views: 1,378
Message 3 of 8

Ok, did it and now BIOS shows the new updated CDCN52WW version.

I don't care much about the new logo (the rectangle with colors and LENOVO logo-it's only shown for 0.5 second lol) as much as updating to the newest working firmware/software available so that my machine works at its best abilities.

Thanks for the instructions though, cheers!
Penthon
ifpmaximus34
Punch Card
Views: 1,358
Message 4 of 8

hope next bios update they enable intel speed shift
which should boost performance of y700 15 17 inch models in all aspects and also would benefits touch screen users significantly improved responsiveness of touch but lenovo dont give a crap and no user to mod it.Somehow to raise awarnes to lenovo team

highlanderx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,176
Message 5 of 8

And to get full speed on the DMI.

http://www.geektech.co.nz/lenovo-y700-samsung-950-pro

And to have a fixed graphics card. Having it dynamic is really stupid as you will ALWAYS use the base graphics card for just everything. HP has switchable graphics in FIXED mode, you setup in the bios whether dynamic or fixed. In fixed it will 100% use whichever graphics card you choose.

This laptop really needs a decent bios update. In its current state its SO LAGGY because of the switching between cards its just useless....

davidalejandro
Punch Card
Views: 867
Message 6 of 8

+ 1 on the request for BIOS update for full speed DMI
highlanderx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 856
Message 7 of 8

Good luck.... they don't care. No support response to any of the issues.

RidvanGER
Fanfold Paper
Views: 843
Message 8 of 8

can we get an ETA or update dear support/developers?

Top Kudoed Authors