Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
evhernandez23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,533
Message 1 of 8

Y700-15ISK Black screen, hard disk indicator is off.

My Y700-15ISK Screen is black, hard disk indicator if off.

Hi, this is my second Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15isk 80nv, the first one stop working (the motherboard failed) after 6 hour of use. Lenovo sent me another laptop, this one arrived 20 days ago and now has problem too.

The machine was working fine, I restart it and the screen keep black, the keyboard was on but the screen doesn’t show anything. After 2 min and nothing, I shut it down and I realize that the laptop doesn’t display the Lenovo logo, doesn’t show anything again, the hard disk indicator is off, it doesn’t blink.

I try to recovery the system using “Lenovo OneKey Recovery System” or try to enter to the BIOS, but the Lenovo Novo Button only start the laptop, doesn’t show the menu. The laptop restart and the keyboard blink but I can turn it on, I can’t access to the PC, I can't see anything!

Here is the Machine Info:

Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK

Model: 80nv

MTM: 80NV005FUS

MO: PF9XB5B09117

Factory ID: JVHFC1

Two different machine and both got problems before first month, Is there something wrong with the Ideapad Y700 model?

How can I solve my problem?

Any advice?

JusSn
Paper Tape
Views: 3,493
Message 2 of 8

Re: Y700-15ISK Black screen, hard disk indicator is off.

Yes, there is something wrong with this model. A lot of other people have had the same issue where the laptop will no longer boot after a long sleep or shutdown. There is a BIOS update that is being released sometime by the end of the month to fix this issue. I do not know if Lenovo has a USB flash function, but if they don't you should probably exchange for another or wait for the BIOS update, so that you can flash the new BIOS as soon as you get the replacement.

evhernandez23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,486
Message 3 of 8

This is my 2nd laptop, I pay for it in CyberMonday and 6h later the fail, the new one was used less than 20 days, two different machine with Bios / Board problems and they want to send me another laptop, that is going to fail again!
Former Employee
Views: 3,386
Message 4 of 8

In response to customer reports of Y700-15ISK, Y700-Touch 15ISK, and Y700-17ISK laptops not powering on, or powering on with no display, a solution has made available via BIOS update.

Version 30, CDCN30WW, can be found here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/IdeaPad-Y-Series-laptops/y700-15isk/do...

Thank you,

MolonLabe77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,318
Message 5 of 8

Im having much the same issue only on Restarts. This makes performing the bios update impossible as the program installs it then attempts to reboot. I already tried this but when it rebooted the PC got stuck on the black screen and I had to hold down power button to power off. luckily it booted back to a working OS. 

Is there a way to perform the update, manually shut down the machine then power on instead of an actual reboot as this is where my issue occures?

Pumpkinss
What's DOS?
Views: 3,189
Message 6 of 8

But how do I install new BIOS is my PC isn't working?
PaginR
Paper Tape
Views: 1,691
Message 7 of 8

This is not fixing the issue, my laptop had all drivers updated on Win10 , bios updated and 4 days ago i get the same hardware failure !

This model has hardware design flaw !

We "CUSTOMMERS" have the right to ask a CLEAR and RIGHT announce from Lenovo about this issue !

And not misc answer that possibily fix this issue ! 

We had first Audio Driver fix ...
Then Bios Update ...
Then need to force for Nvidia Adapter ....

And the next one will be ? To avoid to use the computer ?

JonLimitless
What's DOS?
Views: 64
Message 8 of 8

Hey bud, I know this is long overdue but I recently fixed the same issue with just a thumb drive. I'm literally going back through all the same related issues and posting the link to what solved the BIOS wipe. Most likely what happened along with dozens of us is that one of the failed Lenovo updates tried to update the BIOS but then stopped it mid way wiping things. This causes it to turn on and off constantly but luckily another guy figured it out. Hope this helps anyone who sees this.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Y700-Bios-Recovery-Blind-Flash-Possible/td-p/3642866

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors