US

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 2

Y700-15ISK - IdeaPad screeen Blemish; Impossible to submit repair ticket

2017-03-26, 13:47 PM

Hi All,
First time here.  This is already a nightmare that I would like to wake from, so please help!

I have a 2-part problem.

Part 1)  I bought an Ideapad Y700-15ISK and I love it.  Until last night I noticed a small grey patch on the screen.  I thought it was dirt and tried to wipe it off with a screen-safe cloth, but it wont go anywhere.  Its just a small spot (maybe  a few pixels wide) that appears to maybe be something other than lazy pixels.. its almost "behind" the screen, since when i put my mouse cursor on it and then shift my point of view around, the blemish moves slightly relative to the cursor.  It's very glaring on white screen.  Can somebody tell me what's going on?  I'll attach a fresh photo here:

I had to take that one with my cell phone since the snipping tool of course won't register the issue.

So, thats the first issue.

Part 2)  I'm trying to submit a repair ticket online.  THIS is the real nightmare.  I have the one-year warranty AND I have accidental damage protection.  Neither of those warranties show up online when I try to "view warranties" under my serial number.  At all.  No matter what.

Furthemore, if I try to submit a repair ticket? It makes me re-look for my serial number.  Then the website dies.  It go into a greyed-out loading screen for eternity.

Funny thing is, when I try to "contact lenovo", guess what screen I get:

Would a Lenovo rep with a kind heart, hear my plea:   Get my laptop screen fixed, please.  I love this computer, it's the only one I have, and it's only a week old.  I'll love you forever.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Options

2278 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3331 Signins

40590 Page Views

• Views: 40590
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad screeen Blemish; Impossible to submit repair ticket

2017-03-26, 14:58 PM

Call Lenovo's support line at 1-877-453-6686 and they should sort this out for you.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!
The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete