Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
godh
What's DOS?
Views: 211
Message 1 of 3

Y700 15ISK It takes too long to search on disks

Hi guys! My english is not very good but I need your help pls!

I recently bought a notebook Y700 Rescuer 15ISK from China and I found it a problem. When I enter the disks and I click with the right mouse button, its take too long to load(around 10min) a option's window. When I check my system with antivirus, its take much too to start from zero(around 10-15min).

Someone knows this problem? I need to fix it urgently.

Thanks

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 188
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y700 15ISK It takes too long to search on disks

Hello there godh,

Welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

It's a good thing that you have tested the hard drive for viruses, but I would like to ask you, have you tested it for errors? Sometimes, hard drives tend to fail and you need to rescue the information stored on it in a hurry.

My advice is to check the drive for S.M.A.R.T. errors using it's manufacturer's tool for diagnostics, but make sure you have all the data backups beforehand. After that, if you work with Windows, you can use it's tool check disk. In order to do that:

1. Open the Command promt

2. Type the following command: chkdsk /r

3. Press Enter and wait for Windows to check the drive.

Keep me posted what happened. Good luck!

Western Digital representative
godh
What's DOS?
Views: 180
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y700 15ISK It takes too long to search on disks

After tested the issue is resolved. I dont know if that was fixed it because this command is just to check the system.

What is the real function of this command? Or serves to fix it? Because Im afraid that problem back again :/

Thanks too much !

Top Kudoed Authors