Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bazadrian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 566
Message 1 of 4

Y700 15ISK SSD m.2 upgrade cloning 1TB HHD

I upgrade the to a SSD m.2 hyperx predator 240 at first not recognize the disk but after delete patition and restart it show up.

I use the Acronis True Image, first I create a bootle USB and clone from the USB, then I remove the 1TB and boot from the SSD.

I'm ended with a SSD with 6 partitions. why do systmen need so many partitions?

can I erase the 1TB HHD?

Adrian

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 531
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y700 15ISK SSD m.2 upgrade cloning 1TB HHD

@bazadrian wrote:

I upgrade the to a SSD m.2 hyperx predator 240 at first not recognize the disk but after delete patition and restart it show up.

I use the Acronis True Image, first I create a bootle USB and clone from the USB, then I remove the 1TB and boot from the SSD.

I'm ended with a SSD with 6 partitions. why do systmen need so many partitions?

can I erase the 1TB HHD?

Adrian

The reason for the many partitions is that of the additional OKR feature included with your unit. However, this feature may not be working in the new ssd. Check it out by really making a backup and restoring it (not just running the program in windows and concluding that it is functioning properly).

If you wipe or erase the 1 TB hdd you will forever lost the OKR feature. So be very sure of what you are doing.

bazadrian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 524
Message 3 of 4

I do have the OKR features, but I end up with double partitions from the SSD and the hhd, 

what at I think I'm going to do its:

1.-erase the extra partitions in the SSD.

2.-erase the widows partition in the HDD

3.-kept the partitions from the HDD

what do you think?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 519
Message 4 of 4

@bazadrian wrote:

I do have the OKR features, but I end up with double partitions from the SSD and the hhd, 

what at I think I'm going to do its:

1.-erase the extra partitions in the SSD.

2.-erase the widows partition in the HDD

3.-kept the partitions from the HDD

what do you think?

Resizing the partitions will render the OKR feature useless. However, if you've decided to forego with the feature you can delete the unnecessary paritions. Just be careful you will not delete those needed by the OS.

If you've decided to keep the OKR feature, keep the original hdd in a safe place temporarily until such time that you will be able to make the feature work in the new drive.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors