Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgcyrus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,230
Message 1 of 3

Y700-15ISK matte or glossy screen?

I wanted to buy the Y700 Touch-15ISK 80NW000YUS listed here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834331598&cm_re=lenovo_y700-_-34-331-598-_-Pro...

and I wanted to know if the screen was matte or the glossy version covered with the anti-glare coating seen in other y700. I thought they were mostly glossy but I saw this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOmVjyZazGo which seemed to show a newer model with a matte screen. And there aren't any websites that show you the type of finish.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,199
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y700-15ISK matte or glossy screen?

@sgcyrus wrote:

I wanted to know if the screen was matte or the glossy version covered with the anti-glare coating.

I think that this may vary from one country to another.  I have an Ideapad 500-15ISK that has a glossy screen, but I read a review online from a European reviewer, and his version had a matte screen.

There are many different combinations of components that the manufacturer can use for each model.  But the Lenovo importer in each country won't stock every possible combination.  Instead, the marketing staff in each country will spec two or three models that they think will sell best in their country, and that is all that the importer will stock.  So some countries may sell versions with glossy screens, while others sell versions with matte screens.

Look at the detailed specs for the model that you are thinking of purchasing, and (if possible) try to view it at your local retailer (which is what I did, so I was not surprised by the presence of a glossy screen).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

koorbmeh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,182
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y700-15ISK matte or glossy screen?

I own a Y700 Touch.  Both are the same.  It is a glossy screen covered with an anti-glare film. 

I wouldn't buy it from newegg though.  That exact same computer is for sale on Lenovo's own website for $200 less.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors