cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andras1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 69
Message 1 of 1

Y700-15ISK sound issues: high pass filter on the stereo speakers and the annoying subwoofer echo

Hi Lenovo and everyone,

I have two issues with the sound of my Y700-15ISK:

I.

When any Realtek driver is installed that includes support for the subwoofer, a high pass filter is applied on the main stereo speakers, making sound poorer and more mono-like, especially with enhanced bass using an equalizer.

(High pass filter removes low bass frequencies from the main stereo speakers.)

(When the default Microsoft driver is installed that does not have subwoofer support, no high pass filter is applied on the main stereo speakers.)

Is there a way to disable the high pass filter? I would like bass to come from the main stereo speakers as well. I see no such option on any of the available GUIs, is there such an option from a Command Line Interface?

If there is no such option currently, could you put this option in a subsequent driver release, or simply remove the high pass filter from the driver?

If you do not have the resources to do so, could you enable us to modify the driver source code and create a custom driver without high pass filter?

I am sure the community would love the enhanced music coming from this and similar laptops using the updated driver.

(Win 10 or Win7)

II.

Only on Win7:

Subwoofer is out of sync with the main stereo speakers resulting in echo.

Happens using Lenovo's Win7 64-bit, Win10 64-bit, and Realtek's generic driver as well.

Could you guys fix this?

Does anyone have a solution for these?

Thanks,

Andras

Top Kudoed Authors