Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrellG
Paper Tape
Views: 945
Message 1 of 4

Y700-17ISK Laptop external display at wrong resolution

I am trying to connect a Y700-17ISK laptop running Windows 10 to a projector with a 1024x768 (XGA) native resolution. Even though the Windows display settings are set to send a 1024x768 extended desktop, the picture that is actually output from the HDMI port is 1920x1080 (Full 1080p HD). This causes odd scaling issues on the projector.

All of my Googling has only turned up hundreds of pages of people that have the opposite problem. Any ideas?

Guru
Views: 882
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y700-17ISK Laptop external display at wrong resolution

Try pressing Fn+F3 and see if the different options work for you

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Guru
Views: 866
Message 3 of 4

Hi.

Try also "Win+P" combination and play a little bit with your projector by extending the screen and  duplicating the screen. When you extend the screen, check Windows options and play a little bit with the resultion of the extended screen to see what can fit the projector best. After that play with the duplicate option.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

DarrellG
Paper Tape
Views: 844
Message 4 of 4

Thanks to both 1gamatotigraki and martiniturbide. Your suggestions were both correct, as both are different ways of getting to the same thing.

It's strange that the laptop was set to extend the displays in the Display Settings app, but I had problems. It was only when I used the Fn+F3/Win-P to set the extended desktop that the problem went away. Windows 10 seems to have many of these quirks.

Thanks again.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors