Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Synn
Token Ring
Views: 3,103
Message 1 of 9

Y700 Airplane Mode Hotkey not working

Hi I just recently got a Y700 laptop( Model: 80NW0010US ). 15" Touchscreen version

Just recently the F5 Airplane Mode hot key has stopped working. It worked when I first received it a few days ago, and all of the other hotkeys are still working just fine.

I should probably mention that the F5 key, itself, works. As I can still hit the F5 key and it will refresh the current web page.

I can still turn airplane mode on/off through network settings, but I really want to fix the hotkey if possible.

I've gone to Lenovo's support page and installed the following:

-BIOS update

-Energy_Manager_and_Flight_Mode_Driver

-Battery Gauge

-WLAN

-Synaptics

-Intel WLAN

-Intel Management Engine Interface Driver

-Intel Bluetooth

-Intel Chipset

-Lenovo Utility

-Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI) Driver

I have run the following programs(none of which show anything being infected/corrupted):

-McAfee Antivirus

-Malwarebytes

-Command Prompt ( sfc and DISM )

None of the above helped in fixing the airplane mode hotkey. I will continue editing this post with drivers/fixes that I have tried.

Thanks for looking and any help is much appreciated.

Current rig:
Lenovo Y700 15-ISK Touch l 128 GB/1 TB HDD l 16 GB DDR4 RAM
Windows 10 Home x 64 l BIOS Version CDCN52WW
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,054
Message 2 of 9

Re: Y700 Airplane Mode Hotkey not working

@Synn wrote:

Hi I just recently got a Y700 laptop( Model: 80NW0010US ). 15" Touchscreen version

Just recently the F5 Airplane Mode hot key has stopped working. It worked when I first received it a few days ago, and all of the other hotkeys are still working just fine.

I can still turn airplane mode on/off through network settings, but I really want to fix the hotkey if possible.

I've gone to Lenovo's support page and installed the following:

-BIOS update

-Energy_Manager_and_Flight_Mode_Driver

-Battery Gauge

-WLAN

-Synaptics

-Intel WLAN

-Intel Management Engine Interface Driver

-Intel Bluetooth

-Intel Chipset

-Lenovo Utility

-Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI) Driver

None of the above helped in fixing the airplane mode hotkey. I will continue edititg this post with drivers that I have tried.

Thanks for looking and any help is much appreciated.

Check your system for corruption or virus/spam/malware.

Synn
Token Ring
Views: 3,053
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply, LenBlazer. I have run McAfee and Malwarebytes, both programs are showing that nothing has infected my computer.

Current rig:
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,031
Message 4 of 9

@Synn wrote:

Thanks for the reply, LenBlazer. I have run McAfee and Malwarebytes, both programs are showing that nothing has infected my computer.

Try to uninstall McAfee while troubleshooting this problem. And check again.

To check for corrupt system files run in command prompt with admin rights (winkey + x, select command prompt (admin)) sfc /scannow. If it can't repair errors found run in command prompt with admin rights dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Synn
Token Ring
Views: 3,022
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for your response, LenBlazer. I have completely uninstalled McAfee and re-run both tests through the command prompt, but my airplane mode hotkey is still not working.

Current rig:
Synn
Token Ring
Views: 3,007
Message 6 of 9

I ended up setting my computer back to factory settings using OneKey Recovery. And, my airplane mode hotkey is working again! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you very much, LenBlazer, for all of your suggestions and taking the time to help me out.

And, if I happen to discover what caused the issue in the first place, I'll be sure to post it.

Current rig:
azekworlda
SCSI Port
Views: 2,510
Message 7 of 9

F5 Airplane Mode hot key not working.

Mod's Edit: Merged this post with existing dicussion.

Y700-15ISK Touch/BIOS: CDCN37WW
i7-6700HQ/GTX 960M/(RAM) 16,0 /LITEON CV1-8B512
MarkSta69
Paper Tape
Views: 2,488
Message 8 of 9

@Synn wrote:

I ended up setting my computer back to factory settings using OneKey Recovery. And, my airplane mode hotkey is working again! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you very much, LenBlazer, for all of your suggestions and taking the time to help me out.

And, if I happen to discover what caused the issue in the first place, I'll be sure to post it.

I'm having this issue as well. 

When you used OneKey did it erase all your files like starting over?

Synn
Token Ring
Views: 2,458
Message 9 of 9

@MarkSta69 wrote:

I'm having this issue as well. 

When you used OneKey did it erase all your files like starting over?

Hello MarkSta69,

I have the model that has both an SSD(128 gb, OS is installed to this drive) and HDD(1 tb).

To answer your question in regards to OneKey, it only wiped the SSD which had Windows installed on it. None of my files that were stored on the HDD were touched by the recovery.

After performing the Onekey recovery, my laptop was just like it was when I first used it.

I feel it is worth mentioning to everyone that as I was reinstalling all of my programs and devices I did eventually figure out what was causing the issue for me in the first place, since the Airplane key stopped working again on me after the OneKey recovery.

The culprits for my nonworking Airplane key was the software for my Wacom Bamboo Create and my HP Printer ( Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw ) which were both being installed onto my computer through the disks that were provided from the companies when they were purchased.

I discovered this to be the case by creating restore points and restarting after installing each and every one of my programs. It was time consuming, but it proved to be quite effective in my case. After each restart I would check the Airplane mode key, and if was working I'd create a restore point using the restore option in the control panel. If it didn't work then I would uninstall the program, and if the key still didn't work after the uninstall then I would perform a system restore through the control panel.

I managed to remedy the conflicting devices by searching each of the companies' websites for updated programs and/or drivers for the two devices. I installed Wacom's provided driver, and that worked really well without affecting my Airplane mode toggle.

And, I downloaded the entire installation suite for my printer off of HP's support site. I installed my printer with the downloaded installation program, and my Airplane mode key was still working.

Both devices work great now for me, and as of yet my Airplane key has worked without issues since.

Perhaps you could be in a similar boat as to what I was in. And, if you haven't yet performed a OneKey recovery of your system, might I reccomend creating a restore point as it is now and uninstalling programs one by one, checking the Airplane key after each uninstall. And, if you happen to come across a program that after being uninstalled, your key begins working again take note of which one it was and restore your computer with system restore to the restore point that you'd just created. And, as soon as the restore process completes, you can just uninstall that one trouble-maker, and check for any updated versions of the program to install.

Hopefully you can get your Airplane mode key working again. I just hope that my experience will help shed some light on this mysterious issue for you, and for anyone else that may come across this problem.

Best of luck to you! =)

Synn

Current rig:

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors