Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

04-16-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

Y700 Constant Keyboard Failure and Speaker popping

2017-06-27, 2:55 AM

I posted in this forum before but have not gotten an answer that is actually helpful. I have ensured that the right drivers were installed, tried reinstalling keyboards/speakers/mice. 

My keyboard suddenly fails to work in game. The lights are still on, but I cannot use it at all (trying to make numlock not glow is also not an option). Initially it was only during League of Legends, but it is now happening during every single league game I play as well as during Hearthstone. I'll copy and paste the running log of failures that have happened since early May (this has been happening since the FIRST MONTH I HAD THE LAPTOP). The list  mostly encompasses keyboard failures (not the sound popping which is basically any time i listen to any audio), but does not include every single failure either (as I'm not going to waste time typing when I'm trying to reenter my game as fast as possible). I've gotten to a point where i can't exactly just send my laptop in for repairs as I  use this for class (hence also why I keep postponing trying to get this fixed), but this is also a gaming laptop that I CANNOT use for games because of how undependible it is. During the school year, I would sometimes borrow some friends' usb keyboards, but sometimes they would work/fail after a few minutes/or not connect at all. It should be noted that my mouse is not always connected when failed (such as the last few failures in which I haven't used a mouse at all). There is no longer any consistency to the problem apart from it happens nearly every time I play any game (it used to be just League which is why I initially thought it was a setting but it is clearly not). 

Please provide me with either options to try to fix this. I've tried to reinstall the keyboard after it fails (as I still have trackpad ability), but this just resulted in a blue screen stating "Power Drive Failure" or something during the restart. Other times the blue screen happens while I'm trying to get to a control panel etc. In the past, I somehow found the past computer failures list, but never have I seen a keyboard failure (just the blue screens that sometimes happen during failure). I have to hard restart my computer in order to regain keyboard ability; regular restart does not fix the problem. I cannot get into BIOS during a keyboard failure either, with or without a USB keyboard. The speaker pops are annoying and muffle the sound or make it really loud randomly but are considerably minor compared to KEYBOARD FAILURES ON A GAMING LAPTOP.

NOTE: I went through some possible photos I might have of the blue screen (it is often too fast to even register before it "finishes" fixing it). All three photos are "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Please help me. 

Below is my sparse list of failures in the past ~2 months. It DOES NOT include all the failures. 

-May 6th, 11 PM ish, mid league game about hour into gameplay, managed to use usb keyboard this time, when trying to regular shut down, some DDE thing and task thing (couldnt read full name) wouldnt shut down normally, when cancelled shut down went to black screen. Forced it -> bios -> load default settings
-May 17, 5:12 PM, watching youtube videos not fullscreen and randomly screen went black before coming back up, did not stop audio nor video, was weird
-Speaker pops
- May 28, 5 pm ish, playing league, had to force restart
-May 28, 9:20 pm keyboard fails mid league force restart
-May 28 9:40 PM same game, keyboard fail, mid league
- May 31, 10:51 pm Hearthstone (first time happening wihtout any league presence), keyboard fail noticed after hearthstone stopped working, attempted to meanuvere through device to try to find device settings to see if keyboard was registering, midway through blue screen of death that flashed too quickly for me to register codes etc, immediate restart, couldnt meanevure in options restart menu, had to force it
-June 3, Hearthstone crashes and keyboard fails
-June 18, lol twice
-Forgot to log some, definite some crashes + lots of speaker pops
-June 26th, crashes during hearthstone, both game and the keyboard, managed to try uninstalling keyboard and restarting, blue screen during restart, managed to take picture of the blue screen

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Y700 Constant Keyboard Failure and Speaker popping

2017-06-28, 11:21 AM

Hello again Flagy754

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Thanks for following up with this issue, and sorry about the late reply.

Try running an LSC scan and see if this is able to find any issues for you:

1. Please click on the following link

2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.

If that does not work, I would recommend that at this point, you attempt a factory reset, this would rule out software issues with the unit, and if the issue would persist, then that would indicate a hardware issue with the unit.

In which case, if the unit is experiencing HW issues, I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms